2016 Olympians???

AJ

With Burroughs saying he has another Olympics in him, who are some of the other wrestlers you think will be making an Olympic Run in 4 years?  Of people with aIndiana lineage will Angel and Reece go after it again?  What about Howe and Tsirtsis?

Does Varner come back for another go?

Varner would be 30 at RIO. While not out of the question, he may have accomplished all he wants to do and is ready to move on to the next stage of his life. 4 more years of grueling international competition, after you've already won the biggest prize on the biggest stage?

Howe cannot make the team as long as Burroughs stays healthy.

I just see too much young talent at the lower weights to think Reece or Angel can get in there four years from now. However, I will admit they have a chance becuase these new rules favor the older guys.

*We should set up a Pick 'Em like the state tournament and revisit it 4 years from now on who makes the team, that would be interesting. There is always a lot that happens in these 4 long years.

I liked in one of Herbert's interviews, he mentioned it was time to give back by way of doing some clinics.  He then mentioned it might be time for him to "grow up." It's tough on these guys to train and pay bills/live much of a life.

In regards to some of the other guys mentioned in this thread, I think it's going to be tough for Angel and Andrew to remain healthy enough to compete at that level for that long.  Reece would be my pick to be able to make a run. IMO, he was better than Coleman this year. However, Coleman was hot and had a good run of luck in terms of clinch situations.  Someone else commented on another thread how close it was in terms of ability at this level when it comes down to who medals. I think that was pretty evident when we had that weird wrestle off between Bunch, Reece, and Scott. Scott came out on top and came home with a bronze. It could have easily been anyone of the three.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.