Easiest weightclass this year, and hardest?

Chswrestler

A good friend of mine DuneFan said this

To prove my point about the toughest draw I will list the combined records that each winner

had to go thru to get their title.

106lb  Combined record of opponents entering state tourney: 158-9 

113lb  161-9,  120lb  158-8,    126lb  142-15,  132lb  157-17,

138lb  138-10,  145lb  138-15,  152lb  113-21,  160lb- 161-19

170lb  158-20,  182lb- 155-23,  195lb- 143-14,  285lb-  156-12  and 220lb  179-7, .  Do you need any more

proof?    Kral pinned Kolby, who only had l loss and that was to the guy they called the Beast (Biberstine), beat

Bass 3-0 giving him his first loss, then beat Robinson 6-1, which included a takedown and near fall, then

wrestled a very boring match(as 2 evenly matched oppents often do, but managed to end up at the top step

of the podium.  Kral, Robinson and Gallegos, all from the Merrillville semi-state could on any given day beat each other , which they had done during the year, but Kral came out on top this time.  To saythat Sliga or Berry could have won the 220lb class is ridiculous to say the least.

I don't believe this and like I stated I believe that 220 was the easiest weight class in the state. I feel you can't go by records because some of these great wrestleres wrestle someone like Tsirtsis about 5 or 6 times a year. Like Wesley English wrestling A. Tsirtsis or Alex Ramos wrestling Andrew Bradbury a few years back.  These 2 ex. wrestled each other in tounrments,  duels,  sectionals,  regionals,  ss,  and in the state finals,  in which they were both 1st and 2nd.

120 best to watch - 195 -220- hvy are footballers disquised as wraslers - except for Siliga

Ya thats why im wrestling in college and not playing football. I hate when people make that comment. I have wrestled 9 months a year since my freshman year and I know alot of other bigger guys who wrestle a lot in the offseason too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.