Hobart Invite cancelled

xbrick132

Was it the weather that forced the cancellation or was it the basketball game scheduled that forced it? It seems they had no problem getting the basketball game in.

It was the weather that occurred on Friday knowing that Mishawaka and SB ST Joe would need to travel in on Saturday morning.

I see. I seem to remember a few years back when some teams didn't make it due to the weather that they modified the tourney. Seems they could have turmed the 12 team tourney into a dual tourney if 2 teams didn't show or just  re draw brackets with the teams that could make it. I'm not suggesting that any teams should've risked the drive if the roads were bad but that they should've waited and went with the teams that could have made it. So many times our sport has to take a back seat to a basketball game being scheduled after a wrestling tourney. I believe that if there were no basketball game scheduled, that they could have delayed the start of the tourney to insure the roads were plowed .  As a result, some of the kids will not have wrestled a match in 2 weeks before the sectional. Not a good time for a lay off unless you are nursing an injury. Good luck to all in the post season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.