Knights' Classic at South Dearborn 1/14

cradlesr4babies

If ya say so, kinda doubt it tho and we can go on and on which I do not intend on doing. You can cry  :'( and win the post agruement just as the call went, have fun with that. The facts are the win was awarded to UC as they did in several other matches in the final round especially at 132, which oh by the way that 132 only got in the finals due to some stuff pulled on the wrestler from IC earlier in the day. The cream will rise to the top when push comes to shove in OUR house. I have no more to say its all yours to win in words  :-X

Well, Hupp should of been the #1 seed anyways with his his better win percentage which would have put Fuller-Port in the semi's and then Port wouldn't have even made the finals.  They, meaning Fuller - Port have wrestled 4 times now, splitting 2-2.  It is a good match each time, and I'm sure it will be the next time also.  It happened, it's over with, good luck to all and they might see each other in Regionals.

In the rule book uner RULE 3.4 TIMEKEEPER.  Article 1 states:

The timekeeper is responsible for:

a. keeping the overall time of the match

b. recording the accumulated time-outs fr injury and blood time.

c. monitoring recovery time

d notifying the referee ofany signifacant situation when the match is stoppd, or for disagreement by official scorer and timekeeper, or when requested by a coach to discuss possible error. 

e. ASSISTING, WHEN REQUESTED BY THE REFEREE, IN DETERMINING WHETHER A SITUATION OCCURRED BEFORE OR AFTER THE TERMINATION; AND

f. when a visual clock is not available,  calling the minutes to the referee, contestants and spectators and displaying with visual cards thenumber of seconds remaining in the last minute or the period at 15 second intervals.

how did he GIVE the match at 145 to UC when he did his job and asked the official timekeeper.    yes i did not agree with alot of his calls ,  especially in the 106 lb  3-4th place match when he warned indian creek for stalling and indian creek was on top  and you are suppose to stop the match when you warn the top man for stalling.  Only time this is not to happen is if the bottom man has made it to his feet and the top man does not TRY to return him to the mat.

But i have seen the officiating at Richmond,  not the best either,  the official that they hired to do the dual with UC and Richmond wanted to disqualify Trawick for two many cautions.  Until Union County told him that you cant be disqualified for cautions but it was a tech fall.

I  suggest you have questions about officiating.  go to the ask the officials page and question a call you saw. 

And as fanman said,  you tell me how  Port got the #1 seed over Hupp when Hupp is ranked  13th and placed 3rd at the classic.  record?  is that really fair,  Hupp is a state qualifyer!   

With 3 matches going on at once, buzzers, whistles, fans cheering, it can be hard to hear exactly which buzzer is for each match.  So, asking the timekeeper isn't a problem.  It may have happened before the buzzer, it was a close call, however, going to the timekeeper and asking is the right thing to do.  Maybe she didn't curse, but it sure as heck sounded like it, I forgot, that " bullcrap " and " bullpotty mouth " are forever different and the use of " bullcrap " by a parent fan directly is completely and utterly acceptable.  Your also assuming both of them will make regionals about them coming up north to Richmond, as it's no lock for either of them.  And yes, the person saying break his arm was being serious, as a fan from Boone Co., a lady moved away from them for that very reason saying they were the rudest she has ever seen and was also disgusted by them repeatedly saying it.  The two 145's have wrestled before, first time no so close if you remember, this time was close, who knows if they both even make regionals, or even wrestle each other again.  Its all good tho, good luck to both wrestlers the remainder of the year and to both teams.

What I never understood ALL day was, why with 3 different mats with 3 matches, horns, whistles, fans cheering, etc. etc. was WHY didn't the timer THROW THE TOWEL that was on every score table to let the official know that the time was up?  Instead they just kept sounding the buzzer again and again!  That may have helped with the 'BUZZER" issue!

What I never understood ALL day was, why with 3 different mats with 3 matches, horns, whistles, fans cheering, etc. etc. was WHY didn't the timer THROW THE TOWEL that was on every score table to let the official know that the time was up?  Instead they just kept sounding the buzzer again and again!  That may have helped with the 'BUZZER" issue!

Agreed!  This was the first tournament I have ever been to where that didn't happen.  Heck, I would have volunteered to do it!

Agreed!  This was the first tournament I have ever been to where that didn't happen.  Heck, I would have volunteerd to do it!

Me too!  I don't know if it was lack of experience (at the tables) or what, but it was very aggravating!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.