Daniel Campbell

WingMan

Just a quick Good Luck to Daniel as he heads off to the Marines.  A great wrestler doing a great thing.  Dad, you know who this is so send me an email so we can write to him (me from The Ville, madre of Wingman...)..I am ex-military as is my spouse, so I would love to hear how things are going for him.  I am very proud of him as is my family.  Congrats for having such a brave son, and God be with him always.  We wish him the best.

Wrestlers make some of the best Devildogs!

Good luck, 13 weeks of hell but no greater feeling in the world then earning your Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and the title of United States Marine.

Little piece of advice, ALWAYS give 110%  push yourself to the MAX everyday. The more u put out the more your fellow recruits and DI's will respect you. Do that and u will be fine!

Dad- I'm sure it will tough without your son for the next 13 weeks, very limited contact, letters and 2 phone calls. But I'm sure it will bring you 2 a lot closer, I know those 13 weeks and the last 4 yrs have brought me closer to my entire family.

I highly recommend that you and as many family members as possible fly out for family day/graduation. You will Love the experience and cherish it forever.

-Semper Fi

Goodluck in everything you do Daniel you and your dad are two great people I enjoyed spending the weekends knowing you and Dre was going to battle to the end. Ill never forget either of you and Thanks for being so supportive of Dre. Brian if you could update us from time to time on his statues. Boy these young men grow up quick, Go be the best you can be Daniel hopefully we will see ya soon.      Richards Family

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone wanting to write to Daniel at bootcamp feel free!  He would love to hear from any of you!!!  He has been such a huge fan of wrestling and a friend to so many wrestlers around the country!  Now you can support him as he serves as a United States Marine!!!

Rct. Campbell, Daniel

1st RTBN Charlie Co. Plt 1054

40002 Midway Ave.

San Diego, CA  92140-5550

Congrats on your son being a squad leader. Our son, PFC Steven Rieker, just graduated from MCRD in San Diego on September 23rd. It was definitely a long 13 weeks, but well worth it when you see your son do the run thru on Thursday morning on family day and then walk across the Parade Deck on graduation day. When you go out for his graduation, make sure you arrive both mornings before 7am and you will get to see him practicing for graduation on the parade deck. Also on Thursday, be sure you  go to the courtyard between 7-9 am to purchase a couple of crucible coins ($10 each). They can only be purchased on Thursday morning and they go very fast. Make sure to take a camcorder and a camera for lots of pictures and videos.  Also, be sure to take time to visit the museum and the museum store.  Lunch at the Bayview on Thursday was very good but costs about $16.00 a person and this is a time that you can visit with his Drill Instructors.  There is an excellent website that is full of information for family and friends  http://marinefamilynetwork.com.  Also 2 weeks before graduation they put out a video of the members of the different platoons for that company and is amazing to see how all the young men look.  God bless your son for to serving our country.

Julie

p.s. Our oldest son, Christoph re-enlisted with the Indiana Army National Guard on September 26th and Zachary  swore in on August 17th with the Marine Option ROTC at Purdue University.

Thanks for the insider information!  I'm excited to get out to San Diego in December....no snow!!!

I'll be sure to be and early bird those days too....shouldn't be hard since the time difference is so much!!!

Congratulations on your son's career choice also!!!

UPDATE!  Daniel is PFC and one of only 4 squad leaders in his platoon....chalk one up for wrestlers everywhere!!!

OOH RAH! Hopefully he can make it to the end as a squad leader, the DI's like too fire them all the time, ha I was a squad leader too I know the pain! like I said wrestlers make the best Marines! So hes a Charlie recruit, I was a Mike Company recruit or as we say ''MIGHTY MIKE''

I will be sure to write him and send some encouragement

heres another website to check out while he is at MCRD San diego

http://www.mccsmcrd.com/Graduation/Graduation_Events.aspx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.