Jason T vs Alex T which brother was better?

Jayruss

Alex was probably a better wrestler, but Jason has the more impressive win of the two (Quiroga) and will probably be more successful in college.  I think his style will be more successful. 

Let's not forget Alex went 2-2 at the Midlands as a senior in high school, which was an honor to even be invited.  He also went 96-39 in college and wrestled the toughest competition in the nation, which really isn't too shabby.  I think it's the one-time AA that has people believing that he underachieved.  He was easily talented enough to be a multiple-time AA. 

What caused him to underachieve?  Was it the coaching staff change?  Maybe he didn't mesh with Brands.

Ok this is my opinion which means nothing but

alex I don't think had that signature win...How do you say that when all his matches were wins..I'm not saying that he would not have won state if he was a freshman the year earlier. I don't know that he would have beaten a Bobby Howard every time they would have met, or I can't remember if he was at 125 but if he was would he beat Srs. Alex Ramos, Bobby Jo Maldonado, and Rene Hernandez every time he met them which would have been several times. Jason beating Casche Quiroga was a signature win.now..does that make him better? I don't know I just was adressing the undefeated part that some have brought up. Alex seemed impossible to takedown..where Jason may leave himself open for more attacks. Alex was probably the better rider, and he seemed like he scored a lot on other peoples offensive attempts..He did have that quick twitch like has been said. Jason seems like he is more diverse on how he comes after an opponent, and more aggresive. I'm gonna take Jason only because he seems to have a little more funk, and intagibles but they are 2 of the top 5 wrestlers in Indiana history. I mean if there was a Mount Rushmore (barring Jason not wining out) I'd have Ellis,both Tsirtsis,Howe, and Andre on there. Oh I guess I better have Mauer on there too huh..mount Rushmore keeps expanding but at any rate..I just think that as a freshman Jason had alot stiffer compettition than Alex..You can't go wrong either way..some people like Ribeyes, some like filets, some like NY Strip..at the end of the day they are all steak...And I'd take any of them if you are cooking...The other reason I'd take Jason is because he has possibly the greatest Indiana wresstler ever as a big brother..and that is part of the intangables.

Ok this is my opinion which means nothing but

alex I don't think had that signature win...How do you say that when all his matches were wins..I'm not saying that he would not have won state if he was a freshman the year earlier. I don't know that he would have beaten a Bobby Howard every time they would have met, or I can't remember if he was at 125 but if he was would he beat Srs. Alex Ramos, Bobby Jo Maldonado, and Rene Hernandez every time he met them which would have been several times. Jason beating Casche Quiroga was a signature win.now..does that make him better? I don't know I just was adressing the undefeated part that some have brought up. Alex seemed impossible to takedown..where Jason may leave himself open for more attacks. Alex was probably the better rider, and he seemed like he scored a lot on other peoples offensive attempts..He did have that quick twitch like has been said. Jason seems like he is more diverse on how he comes after an opponent, and more aggresive. I'm gonna take Jason only because he seems to have a little more funk, and intagibles but they are 2 of the top 5 wrestlers in Indiana history. I mean if there was a Mount Rushmore (barring Jason not wining out) I'd have Ellis,both Tsirtsis,Howe, and Andre on there. Oh I guess I better have Mauer on there too huh..mount Rushmore keeps expanding but at any rate..I just think that as a freshman Jason had alot stiffer compettition than Alex..You can't go wrong either way..some people like Ribeyes, some like filets, some like NY Strip..at the end of the day they are all steak...And I'd take any of them if you are cooking...The other reason I'd take Jason is because he has possibly the greatest Indiana wresstler ever as a big brother..and that is part of the intangables.

No Angel on Mount Rushmore?  No Reece Humphrey even though he beat Howe?

That would be a hard mountain to construct.

I meant Angel I was thinking about Andre Hernandez for a minute Angel..and of course Reece as well..maybe Bradley too while we are at it few more..Meyers..Vega, Schaeffer, McMurry(Ramos because I bias and I love the kid)haha.amd good point about Weinzapel..forgot about him 10yrs..so many matches but I still say the guys that Jason went through as a frosh. are overall deeper...Maybe afetr next year I'll have more idea..when the body of work is complete..good calls guys

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.