Weight loss plan

Smooth34

i have asked that question a couple of times and always get the same response.  The IHSAA does not condone it and a penalty MAY be accessed.  Then I asked (Mind you this is at the rules meetings) what that penalty would be and they tell me it would be up to the IHSAA. 

They say big issue is it will not be a leagl weigh in for athlete and that is the big issue.  So I always get the impression they want the rules but never inforce it.  Although I have seen this come up around tourney time and wrestlers have weighed in to high at a holiday tourney and are not able to legally get back down to weight before sectionals.

If that wrestler weighs in too light according to his plan, is he allowed to wrestle anyway?  Should that weigh in not be recorded for the state paperwork and count other legal weigh-ins for his 6 qualifying weigh-ins?

As far as I have been told the wrestler can wrestle but wont count toward the amount of legal weigh in he needs to be eligible for sectionals.  Like I said everytime i ask this question they never really give a straight answer at rules meeting about what would happen. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.