ISWA Elementary Duals State - Input needed

PROPOWER

I would like to thank everyone for their input regarding the state elementary duals.  I am still in the process of setting up the age, weights and what makes up a team.  At this point I am leaning towards allowing 6th graders that were born 1998 or after.  Weight Class wise there are couple options I have been looking at but in both cases there are between 18-20 weights.  Team wise I am leaning towards two divisions an All Star Division on Saturday January 1st and a Community Club Division to be held on January 2nd.  The reason for a January 1st and 2nd date is to avoid conflict with other High School and Middle School events.  Please keep the discussions going.  I can and will take phone calls at 317-695-1106 or e-mails at chris@proindustries.com  - p.s. the January 1st start time would be around 10:00am. 

If it is decided upon has having two divisions " All Star" and "Community", would a "Club" be allowed to participate in both? For instance if there are 18 weight classes and only three out of school system kids are allowed to participate in the All Star division, it would be possible for a club to field three other wrestlers in those weight classes for the Community division.

The format I like the best was the 8 & under (40-45-50-54-58-63-69-78) and 9 and older (55-60-63-66-69-73-77-81-86-91-100-110-120-145-160)

That's 23 weight classes and separates the young kids from the older kids,  a 60ish lbs first grader is not the same as a 60ish lbs fourth grader....

• 3 weeks later...

We went to a team meet and we were the only school that had ALL kids from our school. To ensure the integrity of a true team state you have to keep schools from recuiting. Its not a club vs club competition, its school vs. school right? Showing a report card is a great idea. I think that a true team competition is a great idea though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.