IU Released the 2010-11 Wrestling Schedule

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/072110aaa.html

July 21, 2010

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - IU Wrestling fans will have seven opportunities to catch their Hoosiers in action at home during the upcoming 2010-11 season, announced the Indiana coaching staff today (July 21).

In addition to hosting four Big Ten dual matches, Bloomington will also be the site for the Hoosier Duals, Indiana Duals and IU Quad. Nonconference road competitions for the Hoosiers include the Michigan State Open, a dual at Wabash College, the Disney Duals, Las Vegas Invitational and Southern Scuffle.

The MSU Open on Nov. 13 serves as the season-opener for Indiana. Team scores are traditionally not kept for the East Lansing-based event.

Indiana will then travel to Wabash College on Nov. 18 for the their first dual match of the season, marking the fourth consecutive year for the Little Giants to jump start IU's dual slate. The Hoosiers have blanked Wabash each year since '07-'08, picking up the three wins by a combined score of 138-0.

The dual-match format continues for the rest of November as Indiana wrestles in the Disney D-I Duals down in Orlando, Fla., on Nov. 20 before coming back north for the Hoosiers Duals the following weekend (Nov. 27).

Next up is the Las Vegas Invitational (Dec. 3-4), one of the country's premier college wrestling tournaments. Indiana finished sixth out of 44 schools at last year's event and Angel Escobedo was named the Most Outstanding Wrestler.

A visit from the Wildcats of Northwestern on Dec. 15 initiates the Big Ten season. There is then a month-long break from conference action, however, as the Hoosiers don't travel to Minnesota until Jan. 14. In between the two Big Ten duals will be the IU Duals (Dec. 19), Southern Scuffle (Dec. 29) and IU Quad (Jan. 9).

The following month wraps up the regular season with the remaining six league matches. Postseason grappling starts with the Big Ten Championships on March 5-6, hosted by Purdue University. It all comes to a crescendo in Philadelphia, Pa., for the NCAA Championships from Mar. 17-19.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

11/13/10 Michigan State Open East Lansing, Mich. All Day

11/18/10 at Wabash Crawfordsville, Ind. 5:30 p.m. ET

11/20/10 Disney D-I Duals Orlando, Fla. All Day

11/27/10 Hoosier Duals Bloomington, Ind. 9:00 a.m. ET

12/03/10 Las Vegas invitationl (Dec. 3-4) Las Vegas, Nev. All Day

12/15/10 vs. Northwestern  Bloomington, Ind. 7:00 p.m. ET

12/19/10 Indiana Duals Bloomington, Ind. 10:00 a.m. ET

12/29/10 Southern Scuffle (Dec. 29-30) Greensboro, N.C. All Day

01/09/11 IU Quad Bloomington, Ind. 10:00 a.m. ET

01/14/11 at Minnesota  Minneapolis, Minn. 8:00 p.m. ET

01/23/11 vs. Penn State  Bloomington, Ind. 1:00 p.m. ET

01/29/11 vs. Michigan  Bloomington, Ind. 7:00 p.m. ET

02/06/11 at Iowa  Iowa City, Iowa 8:00 p.m. ET

02/11/11 vs. Michigan State  Bloomington, Ind. 7:00 p.m. ET

02/17/11 at Illinois  Champaign, Ill. 8:00 p.m. ET

02/18/11 at Purdue  Indianapolis, Ind.

(Ben Davis H.S.) 7:00 p.m. ET

Can someone fill me in on who is involved in the Disney Duals?

I think it is great that the IU/Purdue dual will be at a local Indianapolis HS.  It gives the younger kids a great opportunity to see the big boys in action.  I wonder if Purdue will do another dual in northern Indiana again this year too?  I can't wait for the local Big 10's either, what a great year for wrestling in Indiana!