Arlington High School added to ISWA RTC Schedule

Infolady

Here is the information about the Indy Express RTC.

Region: Indy Central

Training Site: Arlington Community High School

Director: Nick Hull

Weeknight: Wednesday

Time: 6 pm - 8pm

Phone: 317.226.2987

E-mail: hullw@ips.k12.in.us

Greetings, Indianamat.com!

For those of you that may not know, my name is Nick Hull and I recently became the wrestling coach @ Arlington H.S.  Thanks to the ISWA, I am extremely proud to say that we are now fortunate enough to host a Regional Training Center!  The competition level of an RTC goes a long way towards helping develop many of Indiana'a elite wrestlers, allowing some the state's most dedicated to practice in one room!  

I know personally RTC's helped me a great deal as one of my practice groups, consisting of myself, Greg Schaeffer and LeRoy Vega, eventually captured 5 IHSAA State Championships between the 3 of us alone.  Out of 224 IHSAA State Qualifiers last year, I believe 217 of those wrestled Freestyle and/or Greco Roman for the ISWA.  This essentially means that to be among the elite wrestlers in Indiana, attending an RTC is almost imperative.  

My goal is two fold: 1) help develop central Indiana wrestlers by providing another competitive practice facility to hone their skills, which will 2) consequently help raise the level of competition in the IPS.   As many of us know, the quality of wrestling in the IPS is well below par.  The last IHSAA Team State Champion was Arsenal Tech in 1979, coached by John Hurrle - over 30 years ago.  The last individual IHSAA State Champ was Jay Manson from Arlington H.S. in 1991, coached by Harold Grundy, almost 20 years ago!  With this newly created RTC at Arlington, hopefully both of these goals will begin and continue to improve.  

Either way, I would like to extend a sincere invitation to ANY coaches or wrestlers to visit this new RTC for another friendly atmosphere of training and competition.  I have already received committments from several programs to begin attending so hopefully it won't take long to get up to par! :P  Thanks again for the support and encouragement and we look forward to a great year for Indiana wrestlers on the local, national, and international stage!  For more information on this RTC, please contact me at the information provided below.

Best Regards!

Nick Hull

Wrestling Coach

Indiana Express Wrestling Club

Arlington Community H.S.

hullw@ips.k12.in.us

Indianamat.com -

I just wanted to let everyone know more specifics on the Arlington RTC.  It's still early but I know some are a little shy about training at an IPS RTC - and for good reason.  However, this is MY 1st year here and I can assure you that you will recieve great instruction and our room goes hard - so fear not!  I will be posting our clinician schedule soon and we will feature some of the best and brightest.  In the meantime, here is brief overview of myself as I will be running our practices initially:

1x IHSAA State Champion

1x IHSAA Runner-Up

1x 7th place finish

1x NHSCA All-American

2x ISWA Freestyle State Champion

1x ISWA Greco-Roman State Champion

2x Southeast Regional Champion

1x FILA Junior All-American

2x NJCAA All-American

1x NJCAA National Champions

5th @ Junior World Team Trials

136-12 H.S. Record

Posted over 375 career victories

I am also slated to run a few RTC's around Indiana so you will get used to my name and face if you don't know me already.  Nevertheless, here is the address to the RTC.  Again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 317.474.3921.  Thanks again and we look forward to great summer.  Go Indiana wrestling!!!!!!!

Arlington Community High School

4825 N. Arlintgon Avenue

Indianapolis, IN 46226

Enter at Door # 16  by the East Gym entrance and you will see signs pointing to the wrestling room.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Indianamat.com!

I just want to thank Coach Tonte again for allowing me to be a clinician at last night's RTC at Perry Meridian.  We have a great history between us and, with him at the helm,  it is evident Perry Meridian will continue to be successful.  Thanks to all of the wrestlers that were in attendance as everyone went hard.  I was able to meet a variety of past, present and future studs from all over the region and look forward to your success. 

Many wrestlers, coaches, and parents asked me last night about our RTC at Arlington and I will reiterate here that we are just beginning.  In no way does our room resemble Perry's room, or anyone else's room for that matter, because this is our first year and we are in the process of creating a new reputation.  With that said, what we may lack in practice partners we make up in instruction, technique, and drive.  The coach-to-wrestler ratio may also be a little higher than normal so you will receive closer individual guidance towards maximizing your potential.  You will be a better wrestler when you leave.

Again, our RTC practice is from 6 - 8 pm at Arlington Community High School, 4825 N. Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis, 46226.  The school is essentially located between Cathedral H.S. and Lawrence Central H.S.  Enter through door 16 by the East Gym and the wrestling room is located behind the weight room.  For more information, please contact me at 317.474.3921.

Best Regards.

Coach Hull

I just want everyone out there to know that Nick(Coach Hull) is going to be a factor in helping young kids in Indiana be better wrestlers, but more important, be better people.  He did an awesome job at RTC.  I am thankful to the days of coaching him at the national level back in the day.  His high school coach was a good friend of mine and I was able to spend time with Nick as a young man.  What a sharp kid.  I hope you guys all take advantage of what he has to offer.  Get to the RTC and learn from one of the most energetic up and coming coaches around.  Great job Nick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.