How Many State Placers that don't compete in Spring and Summer events?

Hemi

Just curious to see how many of the boys that made the podium are 2 or 3 sport athletes that only wrestle during the school year.  May be some good data for the Class / No Class discussion.

Many are multi-sport athletes and still wrestle outside the school year - - a couple of examples would be Duckworth and Nate Cleveland

Thanks for the info Ancient Elder! I knew the amount that made the podium that wrestled in the summer would be high, and the earlier example of Duckworth and Cleaveland were great.  Does anyone know who some of the State Placers are that don't wrestle in the summer?

Michael played JV baseball his freshman and sophomore years quit late into his sophomore year because he wasn't getting a whole lot of playing time plus he wanted to focus a little more on off season wrestling that year.Last year he ran track but this year he is not going to do anything.Last year he only wrestled in a few folkstyle national events like Virginia beach and the Ohio Tournament of Champions.Wrestled greco  one year in 4th grade hasn't wrestled it since and I'm not a 100% sure but I don't think he has wrestled any freestyle since the spring of his 8th grade year.I know he hasn't competed in a ISWA event for at least the past two years and doesn't have any plans on doing so this year either

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.