Roach vs. Welch

Bruschi

Roach was in control the whole match.  He was impressive. I was surprised at how easy he got out from underneath, thought Welch's chance would be to ride him.  Anybody else think D. Welch looked huge compared to Roach? Be interesting if these two will be at the same weight next year.

I have wrestled them both and was under the impression roach was going to win by more. Both very tough wrestlers though. Congratulations to both of them on great seasons.

Don't know if you watched the match but it was not close.  I thought Welch could have been hit a few times for stalling.  Roach really controlled the match.  He even threw Welch to his back but was just a bit ob.  Here is some of the video.  This website has a few of the highlights of some of the matches.  Scroll down to the bottom for the Roach/Welch match.  Good interview with Roach as well.  Atwood OT is on there too.

http://www.indysportsnation.com/sports/highschool/isn-022110-other-wrestling-titles-story,0,5051218.story

I have wrestled them both and was under the impression roach was going to win by more. Both very tough wrestlers though. Congratulations to both of them on great seasons.

i kind of did too, but you don't see too many kids open it up in the finals.  i know if i was there i would be stiff as hell!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.