Most Losses at State

TCWrestling

I was curious who has had the most losses at state. I'm not trying to critisize the kid because he obviously stepped it up at the right time, just curious as to what the number is. I know there is someone who has 20 losses this year. Has there every been anyone with more losses than that? Also how about a wrestler who had a losing record at state? Has that ever happened before?

Can't think of the kids name right now, but in 1996 (?) a 119 pounder was right around .500 going into Friday night.  He was from an Indy area school (Decatur Central) if I remember correctly.  I think by the time he graduated he either won state or placed very high.  I think he had an older brother who was pretty darn good as well.  Help me out here guys.

hogleg,

1996 119 lbs. was sophomore John Leavell of Decatur Central. He entered tne tournament at 20-15. He exited with a 21-17 record and an 8th place finish

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Currently the "record" for the most losses by a state qualifier is 19.

Held by two wrestlers:

2004  125  Q  12  Andrew  Rhymer  NorthWood              27  19

1988  Hwt  Q  12  Doug  Hylkema    Elkhart Memorial  16  19

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.