Change our focus

ENoblewrestling

First off I want to start by saying that I feel horrible for the wrestlers, coaches, and fans that were involved in the mess that was the Jay County Regional.  I cannot believe that this happened to these wrestlers, and that their seasons had to end that way.  With that situation obviously comes anger, and frustration with the powers at the IHSAA.  I have also read many people pushing for lawsuits, boycotts, and peoples jobs.  Another thing that keeps coming across is anger and hostility toward the IHSAA because we feel as though wrestling is treated badly by the association.

While all of these accusations, and feelings of anger may be just, I feel that we as a sport, and as a community would be better served to focus on the positive aspects of our sport, and what the IHSAA offers us.  We need to come together, and instead of using our anger in negative ways, and fighting and protesting something that will not be changed, and use it positivly.  If we want to show that we wont be pushed around and treated as second fiddle we need to come together.  Set attedence records, and show our support for those still in the tournament, and for the sport we love.  Instead of being a divided group we need to come out in droves to show that our sport is important, and that we have a strong enough fan base, that we have a say and that we will not be treated this way.

There is also a great amount of anger toward the IHSAA right now, and rightfully so.  We need to look at were we would be with out them and the service that they provide.  The IHSAA state finals is the pinicle of our sport.  While the ISWA put forth a great service those events at least in my mind are tune ups, and provide a chance to get better for the IHSAA tournament.  Without the IHSAA our sport would die.  Other than true die hard wrestlers there would be very few if it were not for the IHSAA and the services that they provide.  So while I think that they screwed the Randolph County kids horribly we also need to remember how much we enjoy and look foward to the finals.  Again I think we need to come together right now, instead of tearing ourselves, and or sport apart.

I agree, people just wait around for the negatives in everything, and when they come about people attack the whole system.  I am tired of hearing about all this, I am sure there were some awesome matches at Jay Co. that day but it is completely overshadowed because of some people.

If we want to show that we wont be pushed around and treated as second fiddle we need to come together.  Set attedence records, and show our support for those still in the tournament, and for the sport we love.  Instead of being a divided group we need to come out in droves to show that our sport is important, and that we have a strong enough fan base, that we have a say and that we will not be treated this way.

We have done these things, yet we still go unnoticed.  We set attendance records all the time and have arguably the most exciting tournament in all of HS sports.  Our focus has always been to be quiet and just  be good coaches and fans.  I think people are now changing their focus to being outspoken because they are tired of being quiet and getting walked all over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.