2009 State Champions -- REMATCH !!

base

Ok, just for the heck of it....how would last year's state champions fare if they were thrown into this year's weight class?

Would Sandefer be able to beat all the competition at 145?

How would last year's Tsirtsis do versus this year's Wright?

Would Briar Runyan be able to go undefeated at 160 or would this year's crop of talent knock him off the pedestal?

Give me your 2 cents on the subject!

I think that Runyon was the real deal at 160 last year. This year might have been different if Willis could wrestle him again. Willis has matured a lot in the last year and is much more confident and stronger this year. Growing into a very strong team leader and can't wait to see him at the next level.

McMurray would have a tough time with those Welch boys from Castle at 145 and 152 along with Sammy Bennett.  Has his hands full this year at 160. That Merrillville semi state is a tough one at 160 this year.  Hope to see a rematch with Willis in the finals this year.

Tsirtsis and Wright?????   I don't see any of these kids losing another match in high school this year.....Would be a great match though.

Sandefer would have marched through the field this year at 140

103 - 2010        Phillips and Brooks of this year are both capable of beating 2009 Phillips

112 - 2009        I'm going to go with last year's Hawkins here, although I think it's a tossup -- Beck, Ayresman and others could win it

119 - 2009        Big Camden Eppert fan.  Throw him and last year's Wright into the mix, and I think they still both reach the finals

125 - 2009        VERY tough call -- 2009 Tsirtsis vs 2010 Wright.  Wright would also have to get by 2009 Quiroga if they faced off

130 - 2010        This year's Tsirtsis over Frankie Porras last year.

135 - 2009        Seems like this weight class has been wide open the past couple of years.  I liked the way Taylor March wrestled in the state tourney last yr

140 - 2009        Frankie Porras is here this year, along with several others.  My opinion is that Sandefer would top them all

145 - 2010          Another tossup.  Daniel Young was fantastic last year.  This year has Roach, Surma, and a pretty strong field -- I'll take one of them to beat Young

152 - 2009        Sean McMurray from last year, I'm going to pick him over the field this year with some pretty strong competition - Bennet and Welch

160 - 2009        This would be an awesome weight class.  Take 2010 McMurray, Willis, Vlahos, Quiroz.  I'll take Runyan here, but not sure about this one at all

171 - 2010        Got to pick this year's Duckworth over last year's Duckworth

189 - 2009        Shrewsbury is winning at the D1 level this year.  I don't think anyone from 2010 defeats him

215 - 2010        Cleveland and Lentz -- one of them still find a way to get it done with Billy Baker thrown in the mix

Hvy - 2009      Chalfant just too quick, too strong for this year's field.  He was completely dominating last year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.