Jeffersonville Sectional

OLD TIMER

jboy Jeff does have a tough schedule and many good wrestler but they have no idea how 2 wrestle.When Jeff wrestles all i ever hear is underhooks and victory dance or stall your ass off .Jeff will be a great team when they learn how 2 wrestle then they might be state contenders .I think Jeff has had some of the best atheletes ive seen but at semistate you better know how 2 wrestle or it will show.Til last year Floyd had sent wrestler 2 state every year for 26 years and I believe New Albany has sent kids ever since 1996 a couple years ago they had 4 or 5 kids at state and only had 10 kids in the sectional .Jboy if wana cry about the 152 and 160lb  seeds you should've enter your JV guys  then they would 've taken Charlestown seeds from them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is weird OLdtimer they dont know how to wrestle yet they are in the top 15 in the state. What school are you associated with so we can go to some of your clinics? Wrestling smart at the end of a match when you are leading is done by everyone, not just Jeff. Just imagine what Jeff could do if they knew how to wrestle. I bet they beat the pants off your team this year

i respect all of the local teams because they are working with young men so i dont want to disrespect anyone but here are the facts.

jeff has had more kids and a better team than new albany for a while now.

jeff beat the pants off floyd last year in hhc and sectionals with kids that had been in the floyd system since elementary school. most of jeffs were recent to the sport.

who sent a kid farthest in the state tournament last year? you can't look at 25 years of history and say the present doesn't count.

i don't see where these kids would be better off in the other schools (and they are good wrestling schools) when they can't beat jeff at this time. who works harder than dstruck and his staff at getting kids out and developing them into wrestlers?? believe me, there is more work to that job than teaching a pinning combination.

they are also taught how to be men (such as treating your opponents and other coaches with respect, win or lose) class and character.

would you be willing to sacrifice your time to help someone that needs it more than you? if not, then don't post your trash on here and insult an entire group because you have beef with a couple of people.

Time to close this thread..........It seems the boys are starting to get personal ;D

Simple settle it on the mat, watch it snow, saturday evening start a Jeffersonville Regional thread.

Maybe Donnie Baker will make a commentary next week.

Good Luck to All and to all Have a nice day... 8)

any thoughts on the jeff sectional?

i don't know what to think. jeff was not as dominate as i thought they would be in losing some matches that they normally win. weekly, browner and shepherd both looked very tough.

floyd did not get as many in the finals as i thought and i think they only had 1 champ.

i was wrong about sampson. he controlled moberly at 145. it will be interesting to see that rematch!

stotridge was injured so it was unfortunate he could not make a run his senior year.

martin proved he is money in the tournament.

there are a lot of young wrestlers moving onto regionals. hopefully we can outwrestle the southridge sectional and do well at semi-state. not sure who the state qualifier will be from this sectional though. i think weekly and shepherd looked the best.

there were some exciting overtime matches. heavyweight and 140 stood out.

Wow how is Sampson not ranked ? I dont believed anyone scored a point on him all day . I was very impressed with the gains Floyd Cental made this year at 103 ,112,135,160,and 215. Martin showed us all when its gametime he is ready and Rickman really picked it up a notch in the 3rd period  and overtime Good luck next week guys.

Yes it looks Jeff dominated the sectional................................ :(

Any Donnie Baker sighting? ???

As the tournament progresses the cream will raise to the top...Jeff Regional looks to be weakest going into evansville semi-state.;)

Looks like sampson didn't get a haircut ....wins sectional.  Needs to get ready for a tough semi-state! :'(

Well time to go....need to check on the snow and don't forget next sunday...super bowl  "go colts" ;D

Jeff did not dominate?????? 10 in the finals (only 8 seeded to be), 8 champs out of 14 classes, 6 majors and a pin in finals matches. 13 on to regionals. Winning overall by 75 points. I guess I don't know what dominating is.

i thought we would dominate and get all 14 though and win by 100 points ;D (i was joking during my earlier post)

yea, jeff pretty much controlled the thing. every dog has its day.... or two

145 lb final score?

it was 2-0. i watched this match pretty closely since i had made a strong prediction about it!

not much action in the first.

sampson rode moberly the entire 2nd period

sampson got a quick reversal in the 3rd and rode moberly out.

sampson really surprised me with his control. i think you'll see both looking for the takedown next time. they looked timid of each other in the first trying to feel each other out. this was one of the few weights that had a true battle in the final. you will see them in the finals at regional for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.