189:Libretto Providence over Bowen Jeff

215:Dewitt Corydon over Pratt Jeff

285:Hoke New Albany over Slaten Charlestown

team wise

Jeff

Charlestown

Floyd

New Albany

Did Fowler wrestle Witt? I'm sure he woud have at Old Capitol .Witt is a great wrestler and Martin is a semistate champ we know they can wrestle.I think Fowler took 5th in sectionals last year and someone missed weight and he wrestled regional.Maybe Fowler got alot better but i think we will see what im talking about in the finals.

based on what kendrick has posted and what i know from not yet seeing the brackets...

103 shephard, happell, lahue - happell is the surprise of this weight class but shephard is a little better

112 smith, thomas, no one else even close - smith pins his way through

119 miller - pins all the way through

125 stotridge, castro, springer - down goes the 1 seed! i'm still waiting on stotridge to catch fire in his belly.

130 witt, fowler, martin - best match is in the semis. someone must not have a conscience

135 weekly, denny - weekly is fun to watch

140 denny, newcomb, rickman - denny throws in the legs and stuffs some heads with that lanky body like he would have been doing under the previous administration a long time ago (quote from a floyd fan at hhc, doh!)

145 moberly, sampson close like i predicted before. schedule pays off. sampson gets my vote for most likable kid though.

152 golembeski, tatgenhorst, foster, daughtery - this ones for you jboy!

160 need to see the brackets for this one

171 J-E-F-F Jeff! Jeff! Jeff!

189 bowen. libretto

215  pratt, dewitt, sharp

285 hoke, curtley, slaten, edwards

jeff is the clear favorite here. very enjoyable team to watch this year. lets hope they can represent this sectional well on the team state road. this program was built by hard work, passion, and class - 6 or 7 champs

fc - still tough in a lot of weight classes with kids that were around several years ago. capable of 4 champs

new albany - just not feeling them after conference

charlestown - not sure the individuals have improved as much as other teams

things to learn:

you should get a medal for fielding a full squad

corydon - proves that getting high seeds though a weak schedule does NOT pay off . just joking although i found it strange they got seeded over some of the better wrestlers. best of luck to the corydon kids.

tougher than southridge sectional (they have some kids advancing to regional by just showing up!)

an overall weak sectional and regional will not be good at semistate based on last years experience. better get the one seed!

southridge sectional will win these classes at regional so ya know

112 kendle

140 harder

160 songer

189 voges

hwt jenkins  this one wont even be close

southridge may be weaker in overall regional champs this year but they may also have the highest placer from jeff regional in the elder jenkins manchild

southridge sectional will win these classes at regional so ya know

112 kendle

140 harder

160 songer

189 voges

hwt jenkins  this one wont even be close

southridge may be weaker in overall regional champs this year but they may also have the highest placer from jeff regional in the elder jenkins manchild

i agree that you have some very talented individuals. i'm not sure about 112 winning over smith, but the rest are probably right.

as i was comparing the guys at the top before i posted, 140 was the one i did/do feel the most unsure about however the mitchell kid at 215 could take that slot for southridge to make up for a different finish at 140 than i predicted

wish i had some brackets to look at from jeff

Just because Sampson doesn't have a "tough schedule" doesn't mean he wont beat Moberly. I know that they both are very good wrestlers I just have trouble seeing Moberly beating Sampson. And I was hoping that NW would bump Sampson  to wrestle Wathen from JC this past weekend.

Looking at the brackets.  Jeff Walks!

Saw some names from the past that now have their sons wrestling:

Neel, Terry, Clay.... those three dad probably have 6,7,8 sectional titles among them.

Now the real question...how many state place winners will come out of the this sectional? :-\

Looks like this will be Phil Cooks last "Hospitality Room buffet".

And you young coaches, respect your elder(s)  Dickie is the last of the old guard.

In closing, Look out snow friday/saturday, remember the show goes on.........And where is "Donnie Baker", there hasn't been any predication or sightings! ;D

Just because Sampson doesn't have a "tough schedule" doesn't mean he wont beat Moberly. I know that they both are very good wrestlers I just have trouble seeing Moberly beating Sampson. And I was hoping that NW would bump Sampson  to wrestle Wathen from JC this past weekend.

it doesn't mean that sampson won't win because of the schedule but if you look at what happens each year kids with a weak schedule get put out earlier. schedule is the only thing i can go by since these two have almost zero comparison points. in the tournament you have one tough match after another and when you are not used to it it can catch up with you. if you are used to a tough schedule you are more mentally prepared for the grind.

Looking at the brackets.  Jeff Walks!

Now the real question...how many state place winners will come out of the this sectional? :-\

In closing, Look out snow friday/saturday, remember the show goes on.........And where is "Donnie Baker", there hasn't been any predication or sightings! ;D

i'm not sure we will have any state placers this year. here are the best chances for them though

browner

stotridge

witt

weekly

moberly

sampson - depending on which way the 145 battle goes

getting to friday night is a good possibility but because of the competition level at semi-state i don't see them placing in the top 2 at semi-state. i sure would like to see it though.

not the same this year without donnie baker and c-red to get the discussions going....

My Picks

103-Shephard(Jeff)

112-Smith(Jeff)

119-Miller(Jeff)

125-Stotridge(Charlestown)

130-Martin(NA)

135-Weekley(Jeff)

140-Rickman(NA)

145-Moberly(FC)

152-Golembeski(Prov)

160-Hall(Charlestown)

171-Browner(Jeff)

189-Bowen(Jeff)

215-Pratt(Jeff)

285-Hoke(NA)

1.Jeff

2.NA

3.Floyd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.