Huntington North vs. Carroll

hacksaw

Great win the Vikings. They have really improved this year, and you'll notice that they had to FF at 189. If they can fill that spot again, they should definitely win sectionals and I see no reason why they can't at least be a contender in what turns out to be a pretty weak Regional.

Great win the Vikings. They have really improved this year, and you'll notice that they had to FF at 189. If they can fill that spot again, they should definitely win sectionals and I see no reason why they can't at least be a contender in what turns out to be a pretty weak Regional.

Thanks for the props decbell.  HN does have a better team this year, however Carroll didn't wrestle Ables, the 3 Lefever's, Norton, 140, Timerman wrestled up and they didn't wrestle there varsity 171. Those are the ones I noticed.  I think from 103 - 130 the outcome would have been similar, but from 135 - 171, Carroll would have scored more team points to probably give them the edge. HN should get Morton back at 189 before conference on 1/23. 

but there is not a team in the Peru team regional they will beat. Marion and McCutcheon will be the regional final without a doubt.

Once again, I forgot that you knew everything about this Regional. Apparently Huntington North doesn't have a chance against your so called favorites, Marion and McCutcheon, who I would say are a long ways away from being "locks" to win sectionals.

And if you don't think that Huntington North can beat each and every team from the Twin Lakes Sectional, you're in for a surprise.

I forgot about the Twin Lakes sectional, I think HN can beat the winner of that sectional. And I don't think any team in any sectional is a "lock", I never said that, I just listed the favorites in the sectionals based on the results I've seen so far. Look through the results and see who Marion and McCutcheon have beaten in their respective sectionals, and if you can find me any reason why these teams wouldn't be favorites let me know. That doesn't mean they will win, anything can happen in wrestling. HN beat Southwood by 3 in a dual and Southwood didn't have their heavyweight in the lineup, so they aren't locks either to win the Peru sectional either.

Southwood wrestled stong against HN, but HN also gave up a forfiet at 189.  I am aware of one common opponent between HN and Marion.  Marion lost to Logansport 35 - 36 and HN beat Logansport 55-10. 

Huntington is still in a building process and I give them props for what they have done with such a young team. Give the coaching staff time to get the ball rolling and lets see what they can do down the road, but what I do know it they are a team with a large up swing, the kids they have coming in over then next few years will make the tough from top to bottem with the true meat in the middle weights.

As for the Carroll met, yea I was disapointed with them sitting their studs out but a win is a win in this sport and they will take it much like any other team will do in the state. I know that Huntingtons coaches were not happy with the out come either but they felt that even with Carrolls top guys in the line up they had a real chance of winning and they did just that, nice job coaches.

Best of luck to all the teams this season but lets not down anyone on their effort to win, let them do all their talking on the mat where it counts.

I don't see anyone stopping Huntington in sectionals. They are a young solid team. Marion is a solid team with a couple of good kids. But when it comes down to it, I believe that Huntington will beat marion. I would assume we will see wrestlers from both teams  meet up this year sometime considering they will both be at the Weston Close classic,  Concordia invitaional, and all the NCC meet. So it will be an intresting year and hoffully both teams will stay healthy through out the year because it will be a fun dual to watch, if it happens. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

As far as the  dual meet against Southwood, Huntington didn't wrestle to thier capability.  But, they got the job done and thats all that matters. 

• 2 weeks later...

Marion would win 103, 135, 140, 152, 160, 171, 189, and 215 and possibly 130 with six of those wins coming by pin.

LOL... I guess you were wrong after watching the Weston Close, Huntington ran away with the Team title with 5 Champions and the reast of their wrestlers placing and earing those much needed team points, the same points Marion needed or will need to win or beat HN. You seem to forget that in a team turny you're not going up against just one team in the field, You have to do well against all of them and earn those extra points in the wrestle backs which is just what Huntington did even with giving up 189 and tossing in a give me at 171. It  should be fun to watch this unfold as the season winds down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.