Portage at Brother Rice tourny (IL)

MAJAM152

It is nice to see two top ranked wrestlers from Illinois lose to Indiana wrestlers over the weekend. 

This has been becoming more and more common.  It's amazing to see how much better Indiana wrestling is getting.  Our elite are some of the best in the country!  Another nice note is that our wrestlers seem to develop nicely in college.  This is huge because anyone with any knowledge of college wrestling would know that many recruits don't wash out and/or don't continue with the school they started with.  Indiana has had a lot of NCAA qualifiers, placers, and finalists!  In fact, we may have been the best represented state at the NCAA tournament for the past two years!  Anyone have the numbers?

This has been becoming more and more common.  It's amazing to see how much better Indiana wrestling is getting.  Our elite are some of the best in the country!  Another nice note is that our wrestlers seem to develop nicely in college.  This is huge because anyone with any knowledge of college wrestling would know that many recruits don't wash out and/or don't continue with the school they started with.  Indiana has had a lot of NCAA qualifiers, placers, and finalists!  In fact, we may have been the best represented state at the NCAA tournament for the past two years!  Anyone have the numbers?

We aren't even close to being the best represented state at the NCAA tournament in any given year.  We have had some guys have some big time success in recent years.  We have had an NCAA champ in Escobedo, runners up in Howe and Humphrey, and other All Americans in Coughlin, Tsirtsis, and Hernandez.  That's not bad for a state our size, but it doesn't compare to the top states.  I don't have the numbers, but I would be shocked if Pennsylvania and Ohio are not the top represented states there.     

We aren't even close to being the best represented state at the NCAA tournament in any given year.  We have had some guys have some big time success in recent years.  We have had an NCAA champ in Escobedo, runners up in Howe and Humphrey, and other All Americans in Coughlin, Tsirtsis, and Hernandez.  That's not bad for a state our size, but it doesn't compare to the top states.  I don't have the numbers, but I would be shocked if Pennsylvania and Ohio are not the top represented states there.     

For one that is leaps and bounds better than the past and in one year we had multiple wrestlers in the finals..  Just check out how many wrestlers are going D1 every year... The number keeps increasing..

For one that is leaps and bounds better than the past and in one year we had multiple wrestlers in the finals..  Just check out how many wrestlers are going D1 every year... The number keeps increasing..

I agree that we are heading in the right direction.  Two in the finals last year was impressive.  We are sending more guys D1 each year, it seems.  Good luck to you at MSU!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.