Michael Torres

The Prodigy101

I know his name was mentioned in a previous topic so what is the deal with this young man? I heard he is a great young man out of wrestling very polite and well mannered . Also I know he was injured but how was he hurt? what weight will he be at this year ? and how do you think he will do this year?

Sean maybe you could give some insight on your teammate

As you know Mike was a State Qualifier as a Freshman @ 130. His Sophomore year he had a pretty good season going but had a knee injury @ Regionals that ended his season. His Junior year he injured his other knee just a week into official practices. He skipped football this year and did some off-season practicing. He has been given a clean bill of health and is ready to take to the mat as Portage's 152#er. He is a great kid, hopefully he can stay healthy. It will be nice to have him back in a Portage singlet.

All I am going to say is with Michael in the lineup this year...Portage could be pretty tough from 112-189.

Wrestlers like Torres, Seany Mac, Acuna, Coppinger, Justin Rhein(171), Aaron King (189?), and  Damien Torres. I expect great things from this group!

Also I heard that Mike Torres got hurt last year when a heavier weight guy landed on his knee...is there any truth to that?

Hope for the best out of Torres!

Does anyone know?

Also I believe that Michael's little brother Julian is a freshman this year.  ???  I am no longer in the Region so I may be wrong but he should be a pretty good 103 lber if he is wrestling this year!

Anyone have any help for me?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.