Twin Lakes Sectional Rankings/Results Final Updated

Bomber

I heard tonight that Johnson Pioneer beat Rehn of West Central 5-4.  Johnson takedown and 3 nearfall  and Rehn with 2 reversals.

Pioneer wins the Dual 53-23?

1st period Rehn gets the takedown. gets reversed and gives up backfall points. 2nd period Rehn reverses Johnson rides him out.  3rd period Johnson takes bottom and gets ridden out.  Plenty of room for improvement from both. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Caston boys are fairing well. Result from Caston 10 team on 12-18 and 12-19-09. Holloway which won sectionals and conference has won all his conference matches so far this year as McMenamin and Harvey have.

Individual weight class record;

103  Kyle Harvey 9-0  with 5 pins  Weight Class Winner

112  Cole Nilson 6-3  with 1 pin

130  Wil Holloway 7-2 with 5 pins

135  Graham Redweik 7-2 with 4 pins

140  Andy Wert 3-6 with 2 pins

145  David McMenamin 9-0 with 7 pins  Weight Class Winner

152  Jeremy Gonzalez 6-3 with 5 pins

160  Austin Ault  5-4 with 3 pins

189  Myles Hardel 2-7 with 1 pin

Some Caston boys are fairing well. Result from Caston 10 team on 12-18 and 12-19-09. Holloway which won sectionals and conference has won all his conference matches so far this year as McMenamin and Harvey have.

Individual weight class record;

103  Kyle Harvey 9-0  with 5 pins   Weight Class Winner

112  Cole Nilson 6-3  with 1 pin

130  Wil Holloway 7-2 with 5 pins

135  Graham Redweik 7-2 with 4 pins

140  Andy Wert 3-6 with 2 pins

145  David McMenamin 9-0 with 7 pins   Weight Class Winner

152  Jeremy Gonzalez 6-3 with 5 pins

160  Austin Ault  5-4 with 3 pins

189  Myles Hardel 2-7 with 1 pin

with gonzales doing so good as a freshman is ault still gonna try and drop to 52?

• 2 weeks later...

After looking over the results from Huntington and seeing progression or the lack thereof in each weight class, I see the following changes,

112, I think Preston from Logansport should be the 1 seed unless he has been beaten by Johnson.  140, I think Northcutt from Renss. should be the 2 seed, Chapman 3 seed and Espinosa from Logansport the 4 seed.  160, I think Zellers should be moved down to 4 seed.  215, Clark from Logansport should be in the 4 seed unless he has been beaten by Tanner from West Central.  HWT, Halsema,TL move to 4th and the Pioneer kid to 3rd.  These are my views at this point. 

I have to add I think 112 will be stacked at this sectional. I can see the top 3 from this sectional moving on to Semi-State from the regional. Who is tough at 112 from the Lafayette Sectional? I just know Preston looked amazing walking through the TL 16 Way, Johnson is solid, and Rehn is tough. Any comments?

I would hope Johnson stays 112 too because I enjoy seeing great matches. However, whatever weight he goes he is a tough wrestler, and will be talented at either weight. However, with the weight being 114 now it should be a little easier.

I don't know how Pioneer could be considered in the running for this sectional.  They went 0-9 at the Broncho Duels over the break.  Granted, that was tough competition, and they had some sick guys, but still really?  I also understand that this sectional is historically one of the weakest sectionals in the state, but surely a school the size of Logan or  or even Rennselear (sp) could beat Pioneer.  I have nothing against Pioneer, or their excellent new coach, but they do not seem as strong as in years past.

I will have to say Pioneer does have some great individuals and it will depend on the upper weights for them to place high in the sectional.  Not to sure how tough Winamac is but it seems like they always have a great team.  I do know they lost some key individuals last year but also have some good individuals on the team this year.  Rensselaer in the meantime is a very young team with all the weight classes filled and for them to win the sectional they will have to have some of their under class men step it up.  Logansport for the most part will be very tough to beat.  This team is very strong  in the middle weights along with the upper weights having individuals placing for the most part from 112 to Hwt.  We shall see which team wants it more than the other team in just over 3 weeks.  Good luck to all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.