Team Indiana National elementary duals qualifier

indyshred

I was looking at the tournament info and noticed it was for grades K-5 birth year 97 or later. How can it be okay for a 5th grader with a birthdate of 97, but not a 6th or 7th grader? Does there physical size and strength change with grade? Most 6th graders and alot of 7th graders have birthdates of 1997, how can a 5th grader have a birthdate of 97? I understand that 7th graders are involved in middle school and this might disqualify them, but why wouldnt the 6th graders be allowed?

The info that is on the ISWA web site is last years info.  The only thing that was changed was  the date of the tournament, and if you notice that even still says 2009.  I would expect some changes on all the tournament pages on the web site.  The age  cut off for this year  is 1998  or later.  And when it comes to the qualifier, I don't make the cut off requirements, the tournament that these kids will be competing in, if they qualify,  does.  These are the age and grade requirements that are set out by the Elementary National Dual Tournament, therefor these are the ages that will be used for the qualifier.  This way we do not have kids qualifying  that are not eligible for the team.  I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask or call me at 317-281-3678  Brandi Cash

I understand that it is the tournaments decision on age requirements, not the ISWA. Thanks for correcting the birthyear thing to 98. I was going to say if a 5th grader has a 1997 birthday, they have other things to worry about rather than wrestling, like grades.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.