Strikeforce Challengers this Friday....Cormier and Woodley

Drooke

I'm pretty excited for Woodley and Cormiers Strikeforce Debut

by John Morgan and Dann Stupp on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:35 pm ET

Strikeforce returns Friday for the latest of its prospects-driven event series, "Strikeforce Challengers," and the official fighter weigh-ins take place Thursday at the SpiritBank Event Center in Bixby, Okla.

The same venue hosts the following night's Showtime-televised event, which features a headliner between top middleweight contenders Tim Kennedy and Zak Cummings.

The weigh-ins, which are open and free to the public, begin at 7 p.m. CT local time (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT).

In addition to Kennedy vs. Cummings, Friday's event, which is the third "Strikeforce Challengers" show to date, features main-card bouts of famed kickboxer Ray "Sugarfoot" Sefo vs. UFC vet Kevin Jordan, Zach Light vs. University of Missouri All-American wrestler Tyron Woodley, Travis Calonoc vs. Thomas Longacres, and U.S. Olympian and MMA newcomer Daniel Cormier vs. Gary Frazier.

The full card includes:

MAIN CARD

Zak Cummings vs. Tim Kennedy

Kevin Jordan vs. Ray Sefo

Zach Light vs. Tyron Woodley

Travis Calonoc vs. Thomas Longacres

Daniel Cormier vs. Gary Frazier

PRELIMINARY CARD

Lacey Schuckman vs. Jeri Sitzes

Levi Avera vs. Paul Bradley

Brandon Gaines vs. Trey Houston

John Carson vs. Kenny Giddens

Nick Gibbons vs. Josh Pulsifer

Lemont Davis vs. Dillon Smith

I've watched one fight and a highlight video on him.  From what I saw I like that he literally explodes on his opponents when he see's and opening.  It's hard to tell until he fight some better competition but I will say he looked to have a major upside in the sport.