Class of 2009 - Wrestling in College

We would all acknowledge that this site has done a great job of tracking and listing the Indiana Class of 2009 that will be wrestling at the next level, but as I look at the list.....is this the largest number of kids from one class to wrestle in college?  If so, would you say that is an indication of the growth of our sport in Indiana?  Great to see so many taking advantage of the opportunities to continue in this sport at the next level.  I'm pretty sure this list will continue to grow, as I know of at least one other that is not yet listed and I'm sure there are others.  What are your thoughts?

I believe the addition of two wrestling programs to the state has helped tremendously.  Trine is going into their fifth year as a program and Calumet College of St. Joseph is starting a program next year.  Give Coach Vega a couple years and he will be pulling in some of the top talent from not only da Region, but the whole state.  

I think in the past we have had just as many kids go on to wrestle in college, but the announcements were scattered around different websites such as Intermat, WrestlingUSA, etc that we never had a complete list.  I have been astonished that so many kids and parents are emailing me with the announcement of them wrestling at the next level.  Just as I think it is slowing down, I get a bunch more emails or PM's about kids wrestling at the next level.

Congratulations and good luck to all of these wrestlers that will not only continue their wrestling careers, but continue their educational career also.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.