Mike Mena

Any word here on Mena stepping down from the asst. coaching job at I.U. This is a real set back for the University. Gold man needs to follow suit. But Wrestling is the least of Indiana's problems in athletics.

Disco I asked this yesterday on the HS forum (because it gets more traffic) and have yet to find out anything. I think this is a huge loss for the IU program. Mena  was a huge selling point for recruiting. I wish him the best in his future endeavors. I just hope that it might include being a head coach somewhere. I think he would do very well if given the opportunity. 

Illiniosmatmen had a thread on this with a bit more information saying that he was wanting to do something else and also enjoy his family.

I have always been impressed with Coach Mena.  He has come to our school for the past five years I believe and put on excellent one- and two-day camps for our kids.  Our school is not a short drive from Bloomington.  In fact, he just put on a camp on April 1 at our school.  He had his same enthusiasm as I have always seen from him.  He is an excellent role model who spoke very well to our kids about many things beyond just wrestling.  I know that we have appreciated his efforts over these past few years.  I certainly wish him  and his family the best in whatever direction they decide to head.