Which school has had the best team from the region?

Fuse2009

Not only was hobart's 99 team as  tough as they come, but we were all best friends and still are to this day. We went and won the National Duals down in Florida that summer so I guess we made up for it, beating the best from Iowa, Ohio, Cali.... 

I thought MD was going to be in serious trouble the next year against Hobart.  Hobart had almost everyone back from that team the next year but didn't make state.  What happened?

Not only was hobart's 99 team as  tough as they come, but we were all best friends and still are to this day. We went and won the National Duals down in Florida that summer so I guess we made up for it, beating the best from Iowa, Ohio, Cali....   

Yeah but the summer team added Bobby Joe and Timmy Maldonado plus a couple of othr guys to.

I thought MD was going to be in serious trouble the next year against Hobart.  Hobart had almost everyone back from that team the next year but didn't make state.  What happened?

they had some key seniors, But during that time Portage was pumping out great Teams The 2000 Portage team was stacked With guys like Adam Moreno, David Persian, Mike Chandler, Eric Keith, Fred Joseph, Scott Buhman

you are correct onetherise219, but that was the format of the tourney, each high school could let no more than three "outsiders" wrestle at one time. Why not bring the best of the best? All the other schools did the same and only two teams even came close to beating us. The final dual was against some school in Iowa with 6 state champs. Boy were they mad when we won.

you are correct onetherise219, but that was the format of the tourney, each high school could let no more than three "outsiders" wrestle at one time. Why not bring the best of the best? All the other schools did the same and only two teams even came close to beating us. The final dual was against some school in Iowa with 6 state champs. Boy were they mad when we won.

It isn't a knock, who wouldn't want to add any Maldonado to there team as a wrestler or coach. Nice Job that Brawlers team was tough

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.