Pendelton

twinwrestlersmom

Thanks to everyone for attending this year. The late start was due to difficulties with satellite weigh-ins. We have already discussed a method for eliminating this problem next year. We ran over 300 wrestlers through in five hours of wrestling. Our volunteers did a fantastic job. Arabian Wrestling Club officers worked their butts off to put on a great show. See you next year!

This was a great ran tournament.  We thought it was going to be a long day when they announced how many wrestlers were going to be there.  The Arabian Wrestling Club and other volunteers should be commended.  Eventhough we started a little late (20 minutes I think) that is just minor compared to other tournaments that have started much later that had all weigh-ins several days before the event. 

I will recommend this tournament for next year to our club.  It was a great preview for some of us to see how the younger weight classes will do next weekend.

I was overwhelmed by the willingness of our volunteers!  Thanks to all of you - especially those of you who were 1st year volunteers doing the "trial by fire" thing!  You guys handled everything that was thrown at you.

Our ISWA pairing official even made the comment that it was the first time in his pairing career that he actually got to get out on the floor and watch some of the wrestling! 

Lots of kids in a small space, and it was still very well ran.

Warren Central, take notes.

CoachRyan, I am forwarding the complaints from this board to the new AD we have at the school, so that they are aware of the problems encountered by people yesterday at the Warren tournament. Maybe with his involvment the new people that have decided to run the club will understand there is a reason why you do things the way we did them in the past. Thank you for your remarks. Rest assured, they are not falling on deaf ears. Something will be done. Warren Central Wrestling was for a very long time ran well. We will not fall into mediocrity now.

BTW, I am not suprised that Pendleton ran a great tourney. It was one of the tournaments that I always brought my son, and whoever wanted to tag along to. They run smooth, and seem to never have a problem. We went there from Novice up through cadet years and never had problems.

That's good to hear.

The facilities were fantastic... 17 surfaces, great concessions, multiple sign-in tables.  The preparation was there, and that was evident.  In the words of Lou Brown from the movie Major League, "We just need something to bring it all together."  ;)

This was a great tournament always a pleasure to go to! I am so happy Pendleton moved it to February!!! Had a great time and I have great respect for the coaches and program! Please I would love to see more tournaments ran maybe on the greco/freestyle level! Everyone is so nice in Pendleton !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.