the views of someone returning to Indiana

Spladdelbait

can anyone upload a picture of the facility?

http://www.cifstate.org/sports/state/wrestling/pdf/Wrestling%20Handbook2009.pdf

See page 9.

I think Dave and John are going to the NCAAs too.  Should be a great time.  Give me a call and let me know what your plans are and we will all get together and go.  

wow, very nice arena

but, on turf? lol

thats different to me

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the turf is rolled up and stored.  LOL

They hire the Cheech and Chong Grass Service to do something with it before the mats are rolled out.  

Wow, I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were wrestling in Rabobank now. When I was there they were wrestling at the high school. It sat around 10k, and was a neat setup, the top row was at ground level and the whole arena was sunken into the ground, but it wasn't user friendly at all. Rabobank looks awesome! I still bet they don't use a spotlight out there because of security reasons. The first tournament I ever coached at out there I wore a Notre Dame hat and almost got arrested because I thought the officer was joking when he told me to take my hat off.

Very small world. Did you ever workout with the Jackrabbits. Henderson would have been the coach then. I wrestled for him at Victorvalley college. He was one emotionless piece of work, but he really liked me. If you ever met him let me know. I have some great stories.

I did work out with them when I could.  They seemed to like us Air Force guys showing up and beating on their kids.  I was an old man of 24 at that point.  I also had a supervisor that was a HUGE basketball fan...so I took crap all the time for going.

Wow, I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were wrestling in Rabobank now. When I was there they were wrestling at the high school. It sat around 10k, and was a neat setup, the top row was at ground level and the whole arena was sunken into the ground, but it wasn't user friendly at all. Rabobank looks awesome! I still bet they don't use a spotlight out there because of security reasons. The first tournament I ever coached at out there I wore a Notre Dame hat and almost got arrested because I thought the officer was joking when he told me to take my hat off.

They never have had much of a sense of humor have they?

They never have had much of a sense of humor have they?

lol was it cuz it was Notre Dame or just cuz it was a hat in a school?

Naco, everytime i read something you post I want to boo you. I think Y2 should lift the 2 hour wait requirement but only for people wanting to boo you.

Just kidding. Was reading the other topic and found this kind of funny. I'll wahoo you because you're alright in my book. Probably will be your first one. ;D

Naco, everytime i read something you post I want to boo you.  I think Y2 should lift the 2 hour wait requirement but only for people wanting to boo you.

Just kidding.  Was reading the other topic and found this kind of funny.  I'll wahoo you because you're alright in my book.  Probably will be your first one. ;D

reading that top part scared the hell outta me at first lol

well i appreciate it guys

AJ was also kind enough to give me 100 cool points for my b-day saturday

I have been giving him wahoo's every 2 hours but as fast as I give them , someone else must be booing him.

It's that time of year...the people with the axes to grind seek there revenge via the boo button.   ;-) 

As far as "Cool Points" go...I will quote the Infamous Bob Harmon -

"Who Cares!!!!!   Take 'em All!!!!"

BTW:  You get a Wahoo for the effort!

Naco, everytime i read something you post I want to boo you.  I think Y2 should lift the 2 hour wait requirement but only for people wanting to boo you.

Just kidding.  Was reading the other topic and found this kind of funny.  I'll wahoo you because you're alright in my book.  Probably will be your first one. ;D

reading that top part scared the hell outta me at first lol

well i appreciate it guys

AJ was also kind enough to give me 100 cool points for my b-day saturday

No Worries About The Cool Points - This Aint Middle School!!!!

I think Indiana is very competitive in the sport of wrestling. Team State is outstanding, and a great atmosphere. Its a little time consuming but that goes with the territory. WVA has a nice intro for the parade of champions. KY is also pretty good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.