Kieffer vs. Hawkins

jwkwrestler12

Hawkins won.... should have never went into OT because Hawkins took him down twice in the 3rd period but the ref would not call it.  People were booing when Kieffer escaped in OT and ran away but never faced his opponent so no escape and they never gave him the point, and if you were to argue it was an escape... then Hawkins took him back down.  Flatout Hawkins won.. Congrats to both competitors on a good match

Hawkins won.... should have never went into OT because Hawkins took him down twice in the 3rd period but the ref would not call it.  People were booing when Kieffer escaped in OT and ran away but never faced his opponent so no escape and they never gave him the point, and if you were to argue it was an escape... then Hawkins took him back down.  Flatout Hawkins won.. Congrats to both competitors on a good match

Couldn't have said it better myself.  ;D

Great match. Evenly matched wrestlers. Hawk just hung on when it counted. I think Kieffer did a good job defending on a couple of Hawk's shots. Hawk probably should have finished at least one of them. Kieffer also got in deep a few times, and again Hawk did a good job fighting him off. I don't think there's much else to be said about the match. I think they will wrestle again next weekend. Should be a good one. Could go either way.

I listened incredibly as a few fans nearby were yelling.. "booooooooring", during this match! I thought both kids showed amazing talent,  especially countering. Both were trying to stay out of trouble while gaining the slightest advantage which they knew would be the difference-maker. A great match!

In the end, I thought they both had a takedown they didn't receive points for, and Hawkins should have won in regulation.

This weekend was the first time i was able to see the kieffer brothers wrestle, and i gotta admit, I now am a fan of their style...Cant wait to see how they develope over the next 2 years.... BTW, that was a pretty slick boot scoot josh hit in the 3rd period..Hawk looked pretty relieved the takedown was near the line and ended out of  bounds  :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.