Great preview in the Muncie Star Press

CoachRyan_Delta

It is amazing how little this paper cares about wrestling.  The Delta Sectional produced 13 State Qualifiers, Semi-State Champs, Future State Medalist, and not a sinlge mention of the state meet tonight.  Good Luck Coach and good luck to all.

Coach - I agree that newspapers stink at covering wrestling and I'm not being a smart alec by asking you this question so please don't take it the wrong way, but do you contact the paper and let them know how great your team/area is doing?  Granted, football and b-ball coaches don't have to take this unusual step for their teams to get coverage but wrestling is different.  If you do indeed notify the paper of the successes and they still don't send a reporter out to cover it, then that just bush league.

I love the drop down window for sports on the star press website.  Sports tab, dropdown to high school sports further drop down lets you pick football or basketball.  Muncie area i guess doesnt have any other high school sports!!!!!!!

The real shame is that the media pretend to respect and honor true student athletes and admire their dedication to the sport they participate in. If that were truly the case, we would see and read hundreds of stories about great kids sweating out thousands of hours in wrestling rooms, overcoming injuries and any other obstacles on their way to greatness; not to mention, the sacrifices made by the Moms and Dads.  Instead, we don't see any of those, but hear alot about single-parent, c- students that average 30 points a game on the basketball court.

Coach - I agree that newspapers stink at covering wrestling and I'm not being a smart alec by asking you this question so please don't take it the wrong way, but do you contact the paper and let them know how great your team/area is doing?  Granted, football and b-ball coaches don't have to take this unusual step for their teams to get coverage but wrestling is different.  If you do indeed notify the paper of the successes and they still don't send a reporter out to cover it, then that just bush league.

If they need me to tell them where IHSAA.org is, then they have totally different problems.

If they did see those results (which apparently they did because they had a small article on Sunday about what they read because they weren't there), they would see that Semi-State champions were crowned from the following schools:

Muncie Central

Yorktown

Delta

Jay County

Winchester

All of these schools are in their coverage area.

I understand what you're saying, but does a media outlet really need to be contacted about Semi-State results when they are easy to access?  Then when 5 schools in your coverage area have kids who are among the best in the state right now, is it too much to ask to give them a preview the day of state?

It is amazing how little this paper cares about wrestling.  The Delta Sectional produced 13 State Qualifiers, Semi-State Champs, Future State Medalist, and not a sinlge mention of the state meet tonight.  Good Luck Coach and good luck to all.

Best of luck to you as well!  I know me, Stevie, Josh, and Erik will be rooting for Casey!

If they need me to tell them where IHSAA.org is, then they have totally different problems.

If they did see those results (which apparently they did because they had a small article on Sunday about what they read because they weren't there), they would see that Semi-State champions were crowned from the following schools:

Muncie Central

Yorktown

Delta

Jay County

Winchester

I understand what you're saying, but does a media outlet really need to be contacted about Semi-State results when they are easy to access?  Then when 5 schools in your coverage area have kids who are among the best in the state right now, is it too much to ask to give them a preview the day of state?

Coach - again, I wasn't trying to get you bent out of shape.  We in the wrestling community are always going to feel slighted by the coverage we get, and rightfully so.  I'm pulling for Gonzalez. 

Back in the day when Muncie had two newspapers, the Evening Press actually did a great job at covering wrestling in the area and all other high school sports that were considered to be less than mainstream. You would think they could at least send a reporter to semi-state and get an article up on the web where there is unlimited space.

Muncie Central

Yorktown

Delta

Jay County

Winchester

Coach - again, I wasn't trying to get you bent out of shape.  We in the wrestling community are always going to feel slighted by the coverage we get, and rightfully so.  I'm pulling for Gonzalez. 

I hope I didn't come across as bent out of shape (at least not at you haha).  I appreciate your input and support for Stevie. 

This dumb $^%#*ing paper just does a terrible job and it gets me fired up sometimes!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.