better regional sight than north montgomery!!!!

thevet

crawfordsville high school is only 15 minutes from north montgomery high school and the gymnasium is much better for fans to view the wrestling. north montgomery host it nicely they just need more seating and there is no where to stand and watch any wrestling unlike at crawfordsville.  much better restroom accomodations also.

I do understand your point.

That being said North Montgomery is literally 2 minutes from I-74.  Which is very convenient for our Indy and between brethren.

and

The past several years Crawfordsville has held a large athletic event on the same day. Swimming?

never considered that, good point. i like the crawfordsville gymnasium you can sit or stand on all side of all mats. northmont you cramped into one side with like 16 different schools. gets hot and heated being that close to people cheering for your wrestlers opponent.  if it could be arranged i think most people would be in favor.

Jay County Regional.......on the same day Jay County Swimming Sectional.  What really got me was our JV kids, had to pay at the door, while hundreds of swimmers just strolled in when ever they wanted to, walking in wrapped up in a towel or even bare feet.  BUT if you wanted to go into the pool area.....YOU HAD TO PAY!...........WHATEVER! They need to drug test all swimmers anyways!  

I completely agree with ya Starsaw.

I had the same experience last year.

I mistakenly thought that the wrestling regionals were held at Crawfordsvile HS.

Wow was I mistaken.

I could not believe the massive amount of individuals that were floating around.  I twas incredible.

I completely agree with ya Starsaw.

I had the same experience last year.

I mistakenly thought that the wrestling regionals were held at Crawfordsvile HS.

Wow was I mistaken.

I could not believe the massive amount of individuals that were floating around.  I twas incredible.

Thank You...wahoo for you!

There are many instances where the average person looks at where a tournament is being hosted and thinks there is a better place (and there may be), but it is not as easy as that.  A school has to want to host an IHSAA event before it can be held there.  In many cases Principals and ADs do not want the hassle of hosting an event...especially one that is as foriegn to most of them as wrestling is.  A look at the Team Regional in our area is a prime example.  We went to Seymour was almost a two hour drive for us and for East Central.  We got home at about 11:00pm after being eliminated in the first round.  If we would have won the first round it would have been between 1:00am and 1:30am when we returned to our school which is fairly unreasonable in terms of education and athletic performance later in the week. 

Seymour did a great job of hosting the event.  They were very cordial and Mr. Fee seems like a really fine Administrator.  They also have really nice facilities.  The problem is that Seymour is not even close to being centrally located. in our Regional area.  The other problem is that no one that is centrally located seemed interested in hosting it.  My AD and I discussed asking for it last spring, but we did not pursue it for the same reason that Seymour is problematic.  We were too far from the center of the region.

With all of that said...I am just trying to convey that there is more to it than just this site would be better for the event.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.