Random Draw?

xam148

I know its supposed to be a random draw for team state but it seems like some of the same teams meet in the first round all the time. Like Bellmont and Perry have met over the past couple of years and before Perry was Franklin Community. Does anyone have the data to show how "random" these draws are?

With there only being eight teams every year, there is always going to be a chance of some of the same draws.  It has been that way since it started.  Sometimes a team gets lucky, sometimes they don't.  It helps make it interesting and exciting though.

Im confused where in there do you answer the question? I mean thanks for the general information it really proves your point.

I believe the draw is done in advance of the state series even beginning.    I do not have any "data" or know exactly how they do the draw but just looking at the probability of drawing the same regional (or semi-state in the past) would be 1/7 each year regardless of the year prior.  So the likeliness to draw the same regional two years in a row is 1/7 * 1/7 or 1/49.  Three years in a row 1/343. 

I dont even know if this is what you wanted to hear but if you are hinting that there is some sort of conspiricy i would guess there is probably not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.