Conference tournaments

AJ

With the conference tournaments in full swing, I was wondering a something:

When do you think is the best time to have the conference tournaments?  I know many conference tournaments are this weekend, yet there were also some last weekend and there were some midweek this week. 

What say you?

Often, for the most successful programs and individuals, the conference tourneys do not provide the highest level of competition.  Obviously you want to be peaking as you head into the state tournament so I feel a higher level invite would be more beneficial for some programs than the conference tournament. 

This isnt to say that the conference tourney is not ever good competition (just look at the DAC) but leaving this weekend open for optional events could be beneficial.

i think a lot of it depends on the coaches are team was always 2 weeks before sectionals, then had nothing till sectionals.I always felt that was too much time off.so I am glad conference got postponed a week.now that there is not a long break in between.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.