Wrestler of the Week

Scardy94

I voted no...with a reason.  There are always feel good stories out there of folks that do well for someone else in need.  I tottaly agree and understand the sentiment of voting for Hunter as Wrestler of the week.  But his victory would not have happened if not for the sacrifice and humility of someone else ....lest not forget the impact of "Tony Mcginley get's pinned tonight in an exibition match with Hunter Bartley(sp) of Roncalli" is changed drastically if it reads "Tony Brown get's pinned tonight in an exibition match with Hunter Bartley(sp) of Roncalli".

Hunter brought the desire to exceed the expectations and limitations that others had put in place for him...Tony McGinley put Hunter's desires above his own to make that happen.  For that he is a champion.

In closing, I would recommend that they be voted as "co-wrestlers of the week" or "Best duo of the week" or "Match of the week".....the character shown by Mr. McGinley would suggest to me that he would desire no such recognition for his part, but his part in the match should be held as an example for others to strive for in their lives.

(stepping down from the soap box) ;)

I voted no...with a reason.  There are always feel good stories out there of folks that do well for someone else in need.  I tottaly agree and understand the sentiment of voting for Hunter as Wrestler of the week.  But his victory would not have happened if not for the sacrifice and humility of someone else ....lest not forget the impact of "Tony Mcginley get's pinned tonight in an exibition match with Hunter Bartley(sp) of Roncalli" is changed drastically if it reads "Tony Brown get's pinned tonight in an exibition match with Hunter Bartley(sp) of Roncalli".

Hunter brought the desire to exceed the expectations and limitations that others had put in place for him...Tony McGinley put Hunter's desires above his own to make that happen.  For that he is a champion.

In closing, I would recommend that they be voted as "co-wrestlers of the week" or "Best duo of the week" or "Match of the week".....the character shown by Mr. McGinley would suggest to me that he would desire no such recognition for his part, but his part in the match should be held as an example for others to strive for in their lives.

(stepping down from the soap box) ;)

Excellent point...

awood1,

I agree. I was the original poster of "Tony Mcginley gets STUCK!" and I had seen something last  night that made me feel good about the Teams and the people involved in this sport. One person helping another that has challenges everyday of his life. It was no more then passing along that no matter how "hot" competition can get or the rivalries that we talk about, there are good people out there. I bleed Blue and Silver, Perry Meridian but saw a Special situation from our Biggest Rival, a Cathedral wrestler. Feelings  set aside, there was a good deed done last night and wanted to thank Tony for that. It was very touching to watch.

And I agree that a "Special Match of the Week" would be something that these two would cherish for a long time.

And by the way.........Who is Tony Brown? ;D

I keep coming back to this post because I sincerely feel BOTH of these young men deserve some form of formal recognition from the Wrestling Community.

I am not saying it need be a Ticker Tape Parade, but we do have an obligation to foster this sort of behaviour and encourage this type of selflessness. 

Wrestling's public image amoung those who are clueless is one of macho knuck draggers beating each other to a pulp.  Like I said - those who believe this are mindless - but you get the picture.  So it is IMPORTANT we make this side of our sport known!

Just my 2 cents...

I keep coming back to this post because I sincerely feel BOTH of these young men deserve some form of formal recognition from the Wrestling Community.

I am not saying it need be a Ticker Tape Parade, but we do have an obligation to foster this sort of behaviour and encourage this type of selflessness.  

Wrestling's public image amoung those who are clueless is one of macho knuck draggers beating each other to a pulp.  Like I said - those who believe this are mindless - but you get the picture.  So it is IMPORTANT we make this side of our sport known!

Just my 2 cents...

I thought CSI fixed that last night :o

Just my 2 cents...

I thought CSI fixed that last night :o

Oh they fixed a lot of things lastnight... Like making positive recognition of our sport even MORE important than ever!

Why not have C0-wrestlers of the week?  This would solve the problem pretty easily.  Have Hunter as an honorary wrestler of the week and have whoever had a good week as the W.O.W.  Seems like a win win for everyone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.