Hamilton Heights Sectional

currentwrestler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Blanton and Powell will be ones to watch at 112, too.

Blanton almost pinned Wilson at the County Tournament - but then Wilson came back and went on to win it something like 20 - 14.  If scores say anything... you can tell the whole match was a scramble!!  (And a scary one for a momma to watch.)

Powell is always strong too.  Not sure what his record is - but he is definitely tough.

Anyone that thinks any 112 is a shoe in for Sectional title - needs to think again.  Sectionals at 103 last year was a testament to that.  I think Gadient was #1 seed, Wilson #2, Lanning #3 and Powell #4.    Everything was turned around by the end of the day.  Lanning beat Wilson.  Powell beat Gadient.  Then Wilson beat Gadient.  Final results:  1. Lanning, 2. Powell, 3. Wilson and 4. Gadient.

And, yes... Gadient came back to beat Wilson early this season.  But, we're hopin' it turns out the other way around at Sectionals!  (Still love ya though, Tyler!)    :-*

Both Blanton and Powell will be ones to watch at 112, too.

Blanton almost pinned Wilson at the County Tournament - but then Wilson came back and went on to win it something like 20 - 14.  If scores say anything... you can tell the whole match was a scramble!!  (And a scary one for a momma to watch.)

Powell is always strong too.  Not sure what his record is - but he is definitely tough.

Anyone that thinks any 112 is a shoe in for Sectional title - needs to think again.  Sectionals at 103 last year was a testament to that.  I think Gadient was #1 seed, Wilson #2, Lanning #3 and Powell #4.    Everything was turned around by the end of the day.  Lanning beat Wilson.  Powell beat Gadient.  Then Wilson beat Gadient.   Final results:  1. Lanning, 2. Powell, 3. Wilson and 4. Gadient.

And, yes... Gadient came back to beat Wilson early this season.  But, we're hopin' it turns out the other way around at Sectionals!   (Still love ya though, Tyler!)    :-*

Sounds like someone is nervous!!! That was a great post weemom.

ff

Just a wee bit nervous!  :)  Now's when it all counts!!  Very much looking forward to Sat. no matter what though.  Can't wait to see how PH stacks up to the end of the season competition!

I've been over the brackets I don't know how many times and just can't come up with a solid team champ.  PH and HH look to have the edge but AH and Nob.(with the addition of Lovitt) should be in the hunt. Warner going 215 kinda messed up what I thought would happen there although I had a feeling that might happen. All I know for sure is its gonna be fun to watch it unfold.

ff

Based on the seeding I have it:

1. HH

2. PH

3. NOB

4. TIP

5. AH

6. TC

This is based only on the seeds and we all know there are always bracket busters.  130 could be the difference maker there since Lovitt #4 will face Bullock #1 in the semis.  The result of that match could change things quite a bit.  Again, I am not sure with bonuses, byes, etc. how close it will be and I haven't seen HH or NOB wrestle. PH is pretty tough  and will be a force in the end. I definitely think the team champs will be one of these three. I don't see AH making a run at it.

Lovitt seeded 4th? What the heck were they thinking on that one. Sure screws up that weight class. Now there will be a kid wrestling for third that is definitly the second best kid there. What a bone head move coaches!!!!!

My guess is lack of common opponents this season was the biggest factor in Lovitts' seed. I tend to agree that the semi with Bullock could be for the championship but you never know in this sport.

ff

Not knowing the rules for seeding a sectional are equally boneheaded.

The Lovitt situation is very unique.  The tournament directors and all the coaches discussed this issue deeply.  It was determined that the best course of action was to follow the below rule.

d. A contestant with the best overall record (winning percentage) who has wrestled at least 10 matches;

NOTE: A wrestler with less than ten matches may not be seeded ahead of a wrestler with at least ten matches and a winning record unless

he/she meets criteria in a, b or c. A wrestler with a losing record may not be seeded unless he/she meets criteria a, b or c unless there are

less than six (6) wrestlers in the bracket.

Lovitt had a 4-0 record in Indiana at the seeding meeting and had not a) wrestled any of the higher seeds, B) had no common opponents and c) was not a returning champ or runner-up in the same weight class.

Tough situation for all involved.

formerwrestler

Oopps, sorry. I am a bonehead. I didn't realize there was rules to seeding. I thought everyone just went in a room and argued for 3 hours. I would suggest that they add a common sense clause though. There is just no way that Lovitt is the 4th best wrestler there.

I don't believe that is right. 

We wrestled them last week, and the coach said he had a letter from Bobby Cox stating that Lovitt was allowed to wrestle in Indiana.  Apparently, his weigh-ins from Florida counted.  The coach seemed pretty confident that they had all the ducks in a row to allow him to compete.  I believe he was 11-2 in Florida with his only losses to two state ranked kids.

Old71...

Do you have new information that things have changed since last week?

formerwrestler

Also, if he didn't have six weigh-ins and he wrestled tonight it wouldn't count.  The six weigh-ins had to be prior to sectional seeding date of Monday the 26th.  I'm with FF - I believe his Florida stats are carried with him to Indiana.  Cannot wait to see Michael in action this Saturday.

Mrs. Wilson, Tyler says you guys are really nice and he loves u too!  :-*

But he is hoping to have a much better showing this year. He's pretty fired up.  ;)

LOL!  :)

Andrew is pretty fired up, too!  Let's just shoot for a Gadient/Wilson match up in the finals, alright?!  None of that 3rd and 4th stuff again, huh? 

See ya on Saturday!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.