Delphi's "Late Cancellation Classic"

I am Jim Wadkins, the coach from Calumet HS in Northwest Indiana. I am trying to help Coach Atwood, from Delphi HS, set up a Super 6 this Saturday, January 24th at Delphi HS. We, like many other teams across Indiana, have had a late cancellation due to inclement weather and are desperate to find something this weekend. Coach Atwood is out of school early this week, spending time with his son who is heading off to a military assignment in Iraq soon, so I told him I would work on finding a 6th team for him. Here are the details as I know them right now:

Teams that have expressed an interest: Calumet / Delphi / Frankfort / Lawrence Central / Twin Lakes /  (YOU)

Format: 5 rounds of duals / Weigh In @ 9:00 AM / Wrestle @ 10:00 AM (Delphi is on Indianapolis time)

Entry Fee: $125.00

Please e-mail me ASAP if you have an interest in taking part ( jwadkins@lakeridge.k12.in.us ) , Coach Atwood would like to keep it relatively competitive. It sounds like a pretty competitive batch of duals w/o any real killers there to demoralize a young squad, but enough solid programs not to be a waste of a weekend for anyone with a solid team.

Jim Wadkins

Nice, so it will be

Calumet / Delphi / Frankfort / Lawrence Central / Twin Lakes / Portage

Sounds like it will be a great day of wrastlin, and in my opinion if you go to this meet you will get to see two of this years state champs: 152 (McMonster) and 171 (Atackwood) not to mention all the other great warriors.

We have not received the draw yet. We all know Portage is tough. Delphi is very solid. Calumet is also solid. No clue about LC...I know they have some studs. Frankforts 215 will make some noise. TL is young and has some injuries plaguing their line-up, but always have a guy or two.  ;)

Nice, so it will be

Calumet / Delphi / Frankfort / Lawrence Central / Twin Lakes / Portage

Sounds like it will be a great day of wrastlin, and in my opinion if you go to this meet you will get to see two of this years state champs: 152 (McMonster) and 171 (Atackwood) not to mention all the other great warriors.

"McMonster" and "Attackwood" looked awesome today.They both totally dominated. Atwood bumped up to wrestle 189 with 4 pins. Great day of wrestling for all of the young men participating. Everett from Delphi remains undefeated also for the season. He looked like a giant out there!

How did the Coppinger vs Floyd match go? Also Did Josh Franklin beat Mike Clark? I saw Franklin was 5-0 on the day that would be a big win for him Clarks has been wrestling tough this year

Floyd wrestled tough, but a bad move resulted in pin from what I was told.I missed the 1st round of matches. Coppinger looked very solid all day though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.