140 westfield,carmel

145  zionsville,carmel

152 hamilton southeastern,lebanon

160 fishers,lebanon

171 Westfield,carmel

189 fishers,carmel

215 frankfort,westfield

285 western boone,hamilton southeastern

vancamp of lebanon got screwed in his drawing granted R.V peter is a good wrestler but he was not there when lebanon wrestled westfield annd vancamp pinned that kid that replaced peter givin him the advantage he is 6-1 against the sectional teams and should be seeded 2nd instead of fourth i just think its not fair granting he is a senior

Not only did D.Youngs and Sease move up but so did Zionsvilles only Conference Champions M. Youngs and Brogden who won it at 45 and 52, an are seated at 52 and 60.  Scratching my head over this ???. But I am sure there is a solid reason.

I was wondering if maybe the weight cut was to much for them or something because they both looked pretty big.

I dont think it was to much for any of them when I talked to my Zionsville Source at the Elementary Qualifer a few weeks ago they where all staying down...Well hopefully it works out for all of them as 3 of them are Seniors..Last run for High School glory on the mat

Travias09,

Who did you want VanCamp to be seeded ahead of at 160?  The seeding of this weight class went exactly as it was supposed to go by the IHSAA rules.

Peter was a state placewinner last year and the sectional champ at this weight last year.  When you wrestled Westfield, he was not back yet from an injury.  Pinning his replacement means nothing for seeding.

Farrell beat VanCamp when they wrestled at that same tournament.

Youngs beat a wrestler that VanCamp lost to.  I don't remember who.

Based on the seeding criteria, your guy got the seed he should have gotten.  And being a senior is not one of the criteria.  If VanCamp makes it to the semifinals, he'll get that shot at Peter he would have had back in early December.

103  Campbell - Taylor   

112  Devaney-Julien

119  White-sommer                                  Not in any order really just a quick thought....

125  Maxwell-Ackerman

130  Beattie-Morris

135  Mascaro-Skelton

140  Lile-Youngs

145  Robinson-Evans

152  Brogden-hollings

160  Farrell-Peter

171  Reece-Ferland

189  Lux-Melby

215  Parsley-Nicholes

285  Hollander-Killen                                                   

travias09,

This is exactly why the IHSAA has developed seeding criteria.  Too many coaches we arguing over who was better and who could beat whom.  Only official varsity matches can be included while seeding, so JV matches and matches during practice mean nothing.  Many coaches get a chuckle whenever a coach says "my JV guy beat him". 

As a side note, it has been many years since there has been an AAU State.  You probably mean ISWA Folkstyle State.

It is my humble opinion that when it comes to wrestling, especially during the sectional,  seeding should mean squat for a serious contending wrestler. They should not be concentrating on where they are seeded, but instead concentrate on the task at hand, that is destroying whomever steps on the matt with them.  I realize that a good seeding can mean an easier road to the finals, but if you think you are a better wrestler than anyone else in the field then it should not matter whether you wrestle them in the first round or the finals! Personally I would have a one track mind, go to the matt when your called, shake hands with whomever is across from you wait for the whistle and destroy!!!

Good luck to all, cant wait for some great wrastlin.   

after seeing the brackets here are my updated predictions

103 campbell,parham,taylor,sipher

112 Juilien, devaney, cremer,mantel

119 White, roman,sommer,lafebre

125 Ackerman,maxwell,vancamp,muller

130 beatie,morris,young,floor

135 Mascaro, Skelton, spriggs, morgan

140 youngs, lillie, coleman, sanders

145 evans, sease, robinson, davis

152 Brodgens,wright,evans,robinson

160 peter,ferrel,vancamp,youngs

171 karowoski, howeinstien,varner,western

189 lux, melby, showalter,pedigo

215 parsley, yoder, nichols,boley

hvy hollander,mccarthy,wilson,damm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.