Teams with NO Conference Meet

WMC0809

I know that Milan is in three separate conferences.  They have a conference for football, another for wrestling, and a third for all the other sports.  In fact, they may be in another, because I believe they also have a swim team.  I think the wrestling team may only see the teams in their conference during the conference tournament, or at least many of them.  Also, they do have to travel a bit for some of their football schedule.  However, this is one example of a small school that has made it work to some degree.  oldcoach50 (Roy Adams) could probably provide you with more information.  Coach Adams is the head coach of their wrestling program, and he would likely be a good resource.  Maybe you could send him a private message on here to get more information.

The NIC conference does not have a "conference " meet, but all members do wrestle each other at least once.  All Conference is then determined by the record in those matches alone (8).  To get the 8 matches done, the conference uses a Super Dual to accomplish the task (this Saturday at Adams).  We have not had a conference tourney since they were snowed out in 1977 and 1978, that time slot became the Mishawaka (Al Smith) Invitational.

Howe Military belongs with to the Midland Athletic Conference and only one other team (White's) in it has a wrestling team. 

To resolve this is hard to do.  I think welcoming new teams to a conference requires massive scheduling and obviously budgetary changes.  From the outside in, the non-teamed school have to have the desire and means to restart or start a program.  Good luck doing that from scratch with small private schools.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.