Jeffersonville Sectional

onthesame219

TO: Kentucky or Indiana (Jeffersonville Sectional - top 2) All-Star Wrestler

By placing top 2, you have earned a spot in the 2011 BATTLE OF THE BRIDGE ALL-STAR MEET. Jefferson County, KY?s, top two wrestlers will wrestle the top two wrestlers from  Clark/Floyd County, Indiana in these inaugural All-Star Duals.  This letter is to let you know what will be expected of you for the ALL STAR DUALS. Your wrestling coach(s) is invited to coach you during your match ? if he is not there coaches will be assigned to you.  College coaches from around the country will be sent your bio?s so that they can keep track of you in these duals.   

PLEASE MAIL OR E-MAIL THE INFORMATION SHEET TO YOUR TEAM LEADER BY March 19th

IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE PLEASE CONTACT Coach Struck and let him know.

Event Host                             

Jeffersonville High School

2315 Allison Lane

Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Hotels, Directions, and Maps can be found at: (Yahoo! map, Google map)

TIME SCHEDULE - Wednesday March 30th

5pm: weigh-in at Jeff High  - 5 pound allowance

5:45 - pictures

6:30 ? National Anthem and Wrestling Duals Round 1

KY 2 vs. IN 1 ; KY 1 vs. IN 2

8:00 ? Approx Round 2

KY 1 vs. IN 1 ; KY 1 vs. IN 1

Practice times and dates for Indiana               

March 7, 10, 14, 17, 28

@ Jeffersonville High School 4:30-6:30pm ? we will have a clinician at most of these practices

You can see the INDIANA state tourney results at:  www.ihsaa.org

-Indiana is using the Sectionals as a qualifier

You can see the KENTUCKY state tourney results at: www.khsaa.org

-Ky is using Jefferson County tourney as the qualifier

School Web Site: http://www.jeffreddevils.com/wrestling.html

Guidelines

-Tourney entry fee: $35 - The money that is charged for each kid will pay the referee, tourney sanctioning fee to USA Wrestling, event program, pay for mailing to the colleges, building usage fee, awards and purchase the t-shirts for the event. 

- Wrestlers will wear their high school uniform (warm-up, singlet, headgear, and shoes).

-  Two MVP awards will be given (an Indiana, and a KY), and fastest pin award for the night.

-You must wrestle the same weight class that you wrestled in at your qualifying tourney.

- This is a USA Wrestling sanctioned event ? you must have a USA Wrestling card to participate

- Bring a t-shirt from your home school as an exchange gift. 

KENTUCKY TEAM LEADER

Coach Harbison

cpikemilo1@aol.com

502-295-1289

INDIANA TEAM LEADER

Danny Struck

dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us

812-786-2308

IF ANYTHING CHANGES (injury, illness, etc.) PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH your team leader

- If spots are not filled by your team leader?s selected date, the team leader will go down the tourney placement list until he has attempted contact on each wrestler, then may use any wrestler from the County to fill that spot.

Hard to pick a lot of matches since the level of competition wrestled throughout the year is so different and records are unreliable, but here's a shot:

103:  Kennedy FC, Doty CAI, Grey EP, Coureur Jeff

Kennedy easy.

112: Shepherd Jeff, Whitley FC, Lahue Co, Peavler NA

Whitley and Lahue should be a good one.

119: Jamison NA, Cassady FC, Deleon Jeff, Roberts CAI

Looks like Jamision is the favorite.

125: Thomas FC, Castro Jeff, Meenach NW, Wolf Ch

I'll take a returning semi-stater in this one. Thanks NA.

130: Kruer FC, Gregory Pr, Neel CAI, Schremp Jeff

One of the more shallow weights. Kruer or Neel.

135: Emily FC, Vazquez Jeff, Banet CAI, Griffith Pr

Another light class.

140: Harbin Jeff, Massingham NW, Schoenbaechler FC, Weddington Ch

This one could be a good one. Does Harbin have the gas tank?

145: Weekly Jeff, Herron FC, Miles Ch, Kaelin Pr

Weekly big.

152: Browner Jeff, Suddeth Ch, Speth CAI, Reynolds NA

One of the tougher weight classes.

160: Hall Ch, Marlin Jeff, O?Connell NA, Jackson FC

Hall should win big.

171: Sneed FC, Bowen Ch, Spangler Jeff, Schindler NA

I like Bowen but Sneed has wrestled well recently.

189: Curtley Jeff, Faith NA, McCutcheon Ch, Youtsey FC

I have Faith getting out of the first this time but Curtley is the man.

215: Pratt Jeff, McCutcheon Ch, Ottersbach FC, Conn NA

Great final. I'll take Pratt this time.

285: Dewitt Jeff, Sharp FC, Duncan EP, Mudd NA

No one has proven they can touch Dewit yet from this group.

1. Jeff ? 14 qualify (someone will most likely not, but who?), 10 in championship, 7 champs

2. FC ? 13 qualify, 9 in championship, 5 champs

3. Charlestown ? same number of champs as wrestlers that don't make weight

4. NA ? 1 champ

5. CAI - I like a couple of their guys, Neel and Speth, but don't think they'll pull out the championship.

6. NW - Meenach and Massingham are good but I got burned the last time I picked a NW guy

7. Providence

8. Eastern Pekin -  glad to see them have a lot of kids

9. Corydon - Lahue is their best shot at the finals

10. Salem FF Champion with Corydon close behind

These are my in depth predictions on every weight class!

I believe Terrence Kennedy from Floyd Central Is the clear favorite in this weight class. His strength matched with his quickness makes him a brute to handle at the 103 pound class.

He will walk through his semi finals match, and have little more trouble with Jordan Gray From Eastern Pekin in the finals.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Terrence Kennedy FC

2. Jordan Gray EP

3. Brandon Gonzales NW

4. Daniel Doty CAI

Wow! This weight class is gonna have some fireworks! Alonzo Shepherd from Jeff has the edge on Matthew Lahue in the finals, but I expect a shootout. Should be a fun one to watch all day. I dont see any sleepers here to come through and upset a 1-4 seed.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Alonzo Shepherd JF

2. Matthew Lahue COR

3. Chris Whitley FC

4. Bryce Peavler NA

Not a singlely dominating wrestler in this weight class. However, Austin Jamison has defeated everyone he has wrestled in this Bracket. Should be close matches all throughout the day. My guess is Jamison will take on Jeffersonville's Oscar Deleon in the finals.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Austin Jamison NA

2. Oscar Deleon JF

3. Jacob Cassady FC

4. Austin Brasfield CO

Brady Meenach from New Washington stayed at 125, and he will definitley have his hands more full here than he would have at 119. He, however, will be in the finals to face Kevin Castro from Jeffersonville. *Do not be surprised if Zach Thomas of FC shocks some people in this weight class.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Kevin Castro JF

2. Brady Meenach NW

3. Zach Thomas FC

4. Justin Wolf CH

Christian Academy is slowly building their program up, and Cory Neel is a prime example of getting better every year. I believe He will faceoff against Brennan Gregory from providence who is a solid competitor.

Regional Qualifier

1. Brennan Gregory PR

2. Cory Neel CAI

3. Michael Kruer FC

4. Cameron Stuart CH

I see this as another barnburner in the finals. George Emily from Floyd Central is only a sophomore but he has some serious potential. He'll See Michael Velazquez of Jeffersonville in the finals. I think the experience of Velazques nudges out young gunslinger Emily.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Michael Velazques JF

2. George Emily FC

3. Jared Griffith PR

4. Ethan Banet CAI

Lane Massingham is a brick house for New Washington. He will see Tre Harbin of Jeffersonville in the Finals. Harbin put on a good show at HHC conference against Hughes from CE in the finals. He erks out a close one here against Massingham. The race for 3rd and 4th is a crapshoot.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Tre Harbin JF

2. Lane Massingham NW

3. Gus Schoenbaechler FC

4. Nate Dunn CAI

Plain and simple Renaldo Weekley is heads above anyone in this division. He puts moves together pretty smoothly, makes things look easy. Almost too easy. He'll faceoff with Chase Herron in the finals, but dont expect any type of difficulty for Weekley.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Renaldo Weekley JF

2. Chase Herron FC

3. Jordan Kaelin PR

4. Ryan Miles CH

This division shows no definite favorite, but is filled with scrappers. Reynolds is going to shock people and be one of the only 4 seeds in the finals. He'll See Brent Browner from Jeffersonville. These two have had some absolute shootouts that are close, but browner put an awesome showing against Zack Adams from Madison at conference.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Brent Browner JF

2. CJ Reynolds NA

3. Cory Suddeth CH

4. Levi Speth CAI

Boy there are quite a few big ole boys here. A lot of solid guys. Hall holds off somewhat of a challenge from Jackson Randall in the Semis, to face Brandon Marlin from Jeffersonville in the finals.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Jacob Hall CH

2. Brandon Marlin JF

3. Jackson Randall FC

4. Jacob Franklin NW

I thought Ethan Bowen was a pretty big 189.. But at 171, this kid could cause problems for a whole lot of people come semi state time. He should cruise to the finals, and have a solid challenge from Shane Sneed from Floyd Central in the Finals.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Ethan Bowen CH

2. Shane Sneed FC

3. Noah Schindler NA

4. Brandon Spangler JF

Elijah Curtley is somewhat of a favorite in this division, but dont be afraid if someone goes toe to toe with him here. He'll see Zack Faith from New Albany in the finals. * I wouldnt Be surprised to see Seth McCutchen from Charlestown upset faith.

Regional Qualifiers

1. Elijah Curtley JF

2. Zack Faith NA

3. Seth McCutchen CH

4. AJ Jackson EP

Jimmy Pratt put on a solid showing against #4 ranked Iyan Bass from JC in the finals of the HHC tournament. He'll Face Logan McCutchen from Charlestown in the finals, and gets his revenge on an earlier season loss to McCutchen

1. Jimmy Pratt JF

2. Logan McCutchen CH

3. Cheyenne Conn NA

4. Nick Ottersbach FC

Now its time for the big ole boys! This weight class is going to have the toughest wrestling all day. Some of the Matches could go either way. Ryan Dewitt from Jeffersonville will be in the finals from the top half. On the Bottom half,its a good one . The semifinal matchup of Sharp from Floyd Central and Mudd of New Albany will be one too see. Both solid wrestlers with good coaching. Mudd edges Sharp to see Dewitt in the finals.

Regional Qualifier

1. Ryan Dewitt JF

2. Jacob Mudd NA

3. Austin Duncan EP

4. Andrew Sharp FC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.