Defiance tri-state border war

boomer

Just wanted to say congratulations to the Indiana wrestlers that placed at the Defiance tri-state border war tournament. There were 41 teams and many state ranked wrestlers out of Ohio and Michigan. Indiana represented well with only 6 teams entered we came away with three champs and 2 runner ups along with several other placers. I got to give an extra shout out to Eastside's 170 Laik Minnick for winning it and remaining undefeated at 24-0. Also Eastside's Seth Burns for finishing 4th and Chase Leeper for getting 6th.

champs

106 Harrison Hadley of lepel

160 Hunter Reed of Columbia City (2x champ)

170 Laik Minnick of Eastside

runner-up

106 Jett Boots of Angola

113 Ryan Sheets of Columbis Ciry

4th

138 Seth Burns of Eastside

6th

126 Parker Michael of Angola

HWT Chase Leeper of Eastside

8th

145 Jayce Meyers of Angola

160 John Lanam of Angola

I did some digging and found that there were 39 ranked Ohio wrestlers in this tournament. I could not check in Michigan (wasn't going to pay to look at rankings), but I could see that Mendon had 4 returning state qualifiers on there team with a returning champ. Niles also had a couple returning state guys with a returning runner-up. I am sure there were many other state ranked guys from Michigan as well but I could not check. Hunter Reed was the lone ranked Indiana guy. Laik Minnick beat 13th ranked Austin Hinzman and 10th ranked Keegan Vanmeter, both of Ohio on his way to a championship. Hunter Reed won beating out 4 ranked Ohio kids who were ranked 5th, 8th and 2 13th in different divisions. This tourney keeps getting better, but I would like to see a few more Indiana teams in the mix.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.