Nick Hardwick - One of Indiana's finest

Smooth34

Someone to be proud of.  He has represented Indiana well:

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/02/03/handwritten-farewell-nick-hardwick

A typed transcript of Hardwick’s handwritten farewell letter:

To My Beloved Charger Fans:

For 11 years of unconditional and unwaivering love and support to me, my wife, Jayme, and our sons, Hudson and Teddy; I thank you dearly.

You took me in immediately as one of your family members and allowed me to grow up both personally and professionally in front of you.  There are so many memories that we’ve shared together that have brought us closer together.  Devastating losses and improbable triumphs alike have forged the bond we now share.  As I step aside from the playing field, I charge you, the diehard Charger fan with several tasks.

Afford every player the same patience and appreciation for which you have shown me.  Allow these young men the opportunity to live their lives’ dreams out in front of you.  Do this, and they will fight valiantly for you.

Show the Chargers organization an increased level of commitment in the coming years.  One thing I’ve learned through my time wearing the Bolt is that if you show them a steadfast commitment, they will repay that commitment and then some.

I vow to support the San Diego Chargers unconditionally until the day I pass.  I compel you, Chargers blood, to join me with the steely resolve that will be required from this city to ensure that we can accomplish what every one of us wants and deserves to accomplish; a Super Bowl Championship, right here, in America’s Finest City, San Diego.

Go Bolts!

With Love,

Nick Hardwick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.