Greatest Ticket Round Upsets

ENoblewrestling

Anybody remember Tom Hartrick from Avon? Maybe 1999? I think he was undefeated and got headlocked in the ticket round. New Castle fans came to their feet. He ran off the mat, up the stairs, and out of the building. I am not positive who beat him, but I remember that upset for some reason. I think it might have been Ryan Williams from Beech Grove that threw him, but it was one hell of a ticket match.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 Benjamin Fiechter from Southern Wells over Mason Meling from Snider

Fiechter lost by fall to Meling earlier in the season and Meling was undefeated at the time

Scored a late reversal with nearfall to avoid overtime!! Great match... Love ticket round matches!!

Another classic ticket-rounder at Mville semi-state was in 1992 when Chad Shephard and Eric Douglas locked horns.  Shep was a returning champ and Douglas was relatively unknown at the time, at least to me.  Douglas pulled off the upset and went on to place 2nd at State.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.