Teams going to state

rey mysterio

Okay I've been out a little. And the rules for team semi state and state always seem to change. So how do you get to team state and i think I seen it's separated in classes now? Also I believe I seen western and oak hill got in but how does Peru not get in if those two teams did? Peru is not much bigger then those two schools specifically in kids who even go out for sports . I know there was a list of the teams can anyone link me to it? Thanks

There's no IHSAA team state any more.  The IHSWCA puts on a duals championship event over the holidays where teams qualify based on points they earn in the individual state series the year before (most points earned from underclassmen as a method of predicting which teams will be best duals teams in the following season).  Top 8 from each of 3 classes qualified the first two years and top 12 from each class are trying to qualify for next year.  Western was in the event in 2A this year, based on having 14 underclassmen returning starters and having 10 of those at semi-state last year.  Unfortunately, their season was a bit disappointing in that they didn't bring back as much as they expected and didn't end up at the level they could have been.  Peru was in fact better than them this year, you're right.  Here's the link to the qualifying process:

http://www.ihswca.org/home/teamstateselection

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.