State Series Possible Format

XCard

Ok, I am sure the annual wrestleback topic will be posted soon.  Maybe here is a way to get it going disguised as a different topic.

What if we:

Kept Sectionals the same, 32 Sectionals.

Change Regionals to a 16 team format, combine two Regionals together.  Run a similar bracket as you do in Sectionals, lose  first round and your out. However, first round is paried as we currently do with each Regional, wrestleback to 3rd place, Top 4 go to Semi-State.

Semi-State now becomes an 8 man bracket with full wrestlebacks to 3rd Place.

State can remain the same or we can tweak that as well, but in my opinion would require more mats down on the floor and wrestling through breaks on Saturday.

Tell me what everyone thinks. I have not had a chance to really work out the logistics, just throwing an idea out there to see what thoughts would be on this format.  I feel this format gives us a better way than our current format to get the top 16 at state even with bad draws at the Semi-State level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.