Valparaiso senior wrestler earning his Bravos

ontherise219

December 18, 2012 6:00 pm  ?  Jim Peters jim.peters@nwi.com, (219) 548-4363(0) Comments

The Times top 10 wrestling poll

(Previous ranking in parentheses) Read more

At 113 pounds, Alex Bravo is twice the size he was when he first started wrestling as a spindly little sixth grader.

Thanks to the sport, the Valparaiso senior is also twice the person he was.

"Wrestling is a lifestyle," Bravo said. "It really does affect everything. It keeps me out of bad things. It keeps me busy. It makes me work harder. It gives me the dedication to get good grades. Wrestling's something I love. I don't know how my life would be without it."

Bravo (17-1) has been a key player in the revival of the Vikings program under coach Jim Smith. At the bottom of the Duneland Athletic Conference just a few years ago, Valpo is now knocking on the door of the region's best.

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/wrestling/valparaiso-senior-wrestler-earning-his-bravos/article_dd2525f5-2aa9-562b-a509-48bd036a283a.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.