Must read for all wrestling fans...

Drooke

An Open Letter to the NWCA

Greetings.  I would like to say a few words about the proposal to change the nature of the Team Championships.

For the sake of everyone's time, I will forego a long preamble.  I am not a college coach, but my life is as much entwined with wrestling as many of yours, and these proceedings affect me greatly.  In addition, I have no professional risk in speaking my mind, and I am no one's rival here.  I speak only for myself, but many conversations give me confidence that my views are shared by many here.

Never mind the quality of this proposal.  I have serious doubts as to whether the outcome will be good, but I could be wrong.  I don't actually know what will happen if the proposed changes are enacted.  Of course, neither do the proponents of the plan.

I want to address the manner in which this has been handled.

There is a reason things like Robert's Rules of Order exist.  They are born of hundreds of years of yelling and brawling in town halls and churches.  Organizations follow procedures not only to avoid impropriety, but to avoid the *appearance* of impropriety; and in doing this, foster trust and allow people of different views to work productively together.

Mike Moyer has complained about allegations of "unethical and dishonest conduct by the NWCA as it relates to the National Duals initiative."  Pat Tocci has complained about rumors and misinformation.

Well, let's consider why.

read the rest here....

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,24251.0.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.