Center Grove tourney...good job!

jDub

Very good job today to all involved at Center Grove! They hosted the team state finals yesteryday (and did a great job doing it) and were completely ready for today's individual tourney.

Lots of mats, lots of space, (huge gym), timely start, matches were continuous, pairings department was great, plenty of wrestling supplies available via Jim's Wrestling, great speaker on the mic, good reffing,  awards were matside and timely, wrestled hard and fast. Finished up mid-afternoon with some great wrestling and a great turnout. Got home at a good hour.

Saw a lot of very good wrestling. Would've liked to see more of the high schoolers come out now that the regular season is over, but other than that, it was a very good day.

good reffing   ???

The matches I saw, from the actual refs (not from the volunteer refs...although I didn't see any wrong doing) were well done.

Speaking of which, I thought  Mrs. Mosconi on mat 6 did especially well. Always had a smile, great sense of humor, was really good encouraging the kids and sportsmanship, and ultimately called very good matches.

probably the best run tournament i have seen.  obviously it helps when there is enough room for 12 mats and the spectator seating is not too crowded either.

as for the reffing, what do you expect?  state finals referees.  in order to run 12 mats AND make money for the club you have to rely on h.s. refs.  personally, i don't have a problem with it.  my kid got a bad call but its not state so who cares.  i told him if he doesn't go out and stick the kid, then don't complain about the officials.

great job and will definitely go back next year.

Any idea how many wrestlers where at the CG tournament?

We were at Franklin. Little crowded with the tournament being moved but not to bad. Got started a little late but its almost expected with morning weigh ins.

They used trackwrestling only for registration. I thought they would have used it to bracket the weight classes as well but I guess not. That might have been the hold up in the morning.

Thank you to everyone who pitched in the past weekend at Center Grove.  We had a busy weekend but everything smoothly all weekend.

We ended up having 360 competitors participate with the last match being completed just before 1:00. 

Thank you to all once again.

Cale Hoover

Head Coach

Center Grove High School

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.