Jasper MS Results from Big Cat Invite

eckert

Big Cat Invitational

Team results: Mt. Vernon 1st, Castle South 2nd and Jasper 3rd

Jasper results

1st Place: 110lb Reid Eckert

2nd Place: 130lb Seven Sermerseim, 155lb Colin Popp and 165lb Alec Wallace

3rd Place: 105lb Tommy Brock, 115lb Cameron Sanders, 135lb Ben Schuetter, 145lb Gabe Grow and 175lb David Derr

4th Place: 100lb Ryan Sermersheim

6th Place: 90lb Trevor Blessingers

Teams Invited: Mt. Vernon, Evansville Reitz, Evansville Central, Castle South, Castle North, Princeton, North Posey, Washington and Jasper.

Holden and Jefferson Tunks our 200lber were at a religious retreat to St. Louis.  They will be there for conference.  Mt. Vernon has a very tough team and  having those two in our line up still wouldn't have helped for 1st.  However 2nd is another story.  The team scores were like 4 pt differences between us, Princeton and I believe Castle N.  We were like 12 pts behind Castle S. for 2nd.  Having holden out and giving fft at 200 and hwt did hurt us for that.  All the teams at the invitational have some really good wrestlers coming up to their high school programs.  I hope they all stick with it and keep training hard.  You could really see a big difference in the kids that have been traveling and the others.  I watched a bunch of kids that were decent wrestlers last year, that have really become very good wrestlers in a year.  I can almost guarantee they have all been traveling thru out the year.  I have seen most of them at tournaments thru out the state and the coaches have really turned programs around.  Keep up the great work wrestlers and coaches keep pushing those kids to wrestle in the spring.  I know alot of kids don't care for freestyle and Greco but it is mat time and really helps with takedowns and more mat awareness. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.