You can help

goul149

Well this morning I read an interview with Joe Keifer, who we all know is fighting Leukemia. One thing that many people don't know is that often time?s people with Leukemia require a bone marrow transplant to help them win the battle. The problem with getting a bone marrow transplant is that it is often difficult to find a match, many times patients family members are not matches.

What I want to share with everyone today is a website called marrow.org. This website gives information about becoming a bone marrow donor and will send you a packet so you can send samples to be tested. Becoming a bone marrow donor and possibly being able to save someone?s life is as simple as swapping your mouth with a Q-Tip. If you are found to be a match you still have the choice to help or not and there is no cost to you, this organization does fund raising to pay for travel and the surgery. Yes, being a donor requires a surgery, and I have been told that it can be painful, but I know I am willing to suffer some pain to save a person?s life.

I know for a fact that this can save a person?s life. Some of you may remember Erik Johnson; he wrestled for Yorktown High School and wrestled Angel in the state finals in 2004. He has a little brother that is now 6 years old I believe. Well at the age of 2 he was diagnosed with Leukemia, actually the same type that Joe has. After a 3 year battle Dakota finally found a match to get a bone marrow transplant and is now in remission and actually a pretty healthy and wild kid.

I have chosen to become part of this organization and I myself am a donor. My challenge to all of you is to also become a donor. There are many people that need these transplants and can never find a match. You never know one day someone from this site may be able to help Joe.

Well this morning I read an interview with Joe Keifer, who we all know is fighting Leukemia. One thing that many people don't know is that often time?s people with Leukemia require a bone marrow transplant to help them win the battle. The problem with getting a bone marrow transplant is that it is often difficult to find a match, many times patients family members are not matches.

What I want to share with everyone today is a website called marrow.org. This website gives information about becoming a bone marrow donor and will send you a packet so you can send samples to be tested. Becoming a bone marrow donor and possibly being able to save someone?s life is as simple as swapping your mouth with a Q-Tip. If you are found to be a match you still have the choice to help or not and there is no cost to you, this organization does fund raising to pay for travel and the surgery. Yes, being a donor requires a surgery, and I have been told that it can be painful, but I know I am willing to suffer some pain to save a person?s life.

I know for a fact that this can save a person?s life. Some of you may remember Erik Johnson; he wrestled for Yorktown High School and wrestled Angel in the state finals in 2004. He has a little brother that is now 6 years old I believe. Well at the age of 2 he was diagnosed with Leukemia, actually the same type that Joe has. After a 3 year battle Dakota finally found a match to get a bone marrow transplant and is now in remission and actually a pretty healthy and wild kid.

I have chosen to become part of this organization and I myself am a donor. My challenge to all of you is to also become a donor. There are many people that need these transplants and can never find a match. You never know one day someone from this site may be able to help Joe.

\

I am a part of this as well and just want to make one thing clear.  When you are tested, you can be matched to anyone who needs a transfer.  You have the potential to help a complete stranger.  Great cause

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.