Team tryouts for ISWA teams to attend National Duals in Kingport, TN

Mattyb

The team try outs will be held at Avon High School on Feb. 25th and 26th. Weight classes from 40 to 75 will wrestle on from 11 to 3 on the 25th. Weight Classes from 80 to HWT will wrestle from 12 to 4 on the 26th. If you have a state placer from last year that is born in 2000 or after and is in the 5th grade or under and would like to attend. Please contact Matt Brewer @ 317-201-0644. We look forward to a good turn out.

The first two teams will be determined by wrestle offs. The first and second place kids gets the spot PERIOD (regardless of grade). The third team will be made of underclassmen (K-4) who do not finish in the top two. This will be a developmental team to get the younger kids ready for the future. Details are in the ISWA book (page 113).

The tournament is April 13,14, and 15. A two night stay will be required for most.

Matt Brewer

ISWA Folkstyle Developmental Director

• 2 weeks later...

Great job Matt, great way to handle it! Wish my kids could still participate :(  I would advise everyone to try and get on one of these teams. This might be one of the best tournaments we've every been involved with. Great venue, fantastic comp. and very well run. It is the REAL DEAL!!

Thanks for the endorsement MCKAJC. I wish that you boys could come. They are great wrestlers and class acts.

I ripped this from the high school board. Check out some of the names that have been to this tournament!

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=8127164007/PictureID=441877914007/a=56198864_56198864/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/ 

picture was taken 2005 in Tennessee at the National Duals . Team Placed 5th

front row left to right  Blake Glogouski, Patrick Spray, Drew Hughes, Santo Marciano, Paul Petrov,, Ryan Negrelli, Kyle Ayersman, next row left to right  Chris Katsafaros, Tommy Jennings, Jason Tsirtsis, Conor Winel, Kourtney Berry,Joe Kelly

top row left to right Tyler Kristoff, Joe Schoolcraft, Stephan Hutchison, Tyler Kral.

This tourney could lead to great things!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.